*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663108-Streamlining
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1663108
This is a short story about allowing ourselves to find ourselves.
There I stood at the doorway of my own mind, taking in all that was around me.  My mind is such a beautiful place to go sometimes in the silence of self-meditation.

I looked at the images that my mind was allowing me to see and realized that is was actually quite cluttered for the peace and tranquility that I needed to accomplish at this moment so I decided it was time for some guided imagery,  I settled on a door at the far corner of my mind and I pictured myself walking up to it and gently placing my hand on the knob.  I felt a rush go through my soul at the thought of not knowing what was on the other side,

Fear. 

Was that what I was feeling, but what was there to fear?  The not knowing, not understanding, another world, another life possibly?  I realized as I heard the light creak of the door opening and felt the gentle wind run through my soul that I was entering into a dimension of another world.  A world that was unfamiliar to my normally chaotic mind,  I had come in search of something peaceful, something quiet, something my normal everyday spirit did not comprehend and now that I was there I was afraid.

What if it was to quiet?  What if my mind allowed me to see things that I had not seen before.  What if in the stillness I discovered I really was not who I thought I was or doing what I thought I should be doing.  All of these thoughts and feelings came racing to my head as I realized I was backing out of the door that I had just stepped into.

""No!  I cried into my being. "You will not run from this.  You are worthy and you deserve the peace."  So forward I stepped, lightly, quietly.  Like a mouse coming out of it's hole just barely poking out it's nose and whiskers to smell the air for safety before running at full speed to it's destination to be rewarded by the juicy morsel that it new would be there before it was ever even seen.

A gut instinct, that is what I had.  Something good was waiting for me on the other side of this door.  A new dimension, a new world and if I chose to accept it and allow it a new me could even begin.
© Copyright 2010 lucyrose (tamiered at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663108-Streamlining