*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663773-The-Life-that-Never-was
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Thriller/Suspense · #1663773
How do you let go of a love that wasn't there to begin with?
Scott...just a name. A simple, ordinary plain name that shouldn't mean anything to me yet means the world to me all at the same time.
I was in High school when I first met this boy who changed my life completely.
He didn't have anything that made him special or unique. He wasn't the best eye candy in the world to look at either, but there was something about the way he was that made me attach myself to him.

Can it be possible to love someone who chooses to not exist in this world? Who chooses to hide from life instead of embrace it? I found myself asking and answering that question every day of my life? What was it about this boy that appealed to me most? What really drew us together. I was about to find out.

"Good Morning, class." Our teacher Mr. Fields said to us one sunny monday morning.
"Good Morning, Mr. Fields" We all said back.
"I hope you all had a great weekend because we have alot to cover today. Starting with a pop quiz I just decided to have on the two chapters you should have read this weekend. So papers and pens out and I will begin with the first question." He said.
We all begun to dig through our bags for notebooks and pens as he sat down at his desk. The quiz itself took about 10 minutes to complete and I thought I had done an okay job on it.
"Ok. So...I have decided to shake things up a bit in class today. I know how boring the same routine can be from day to day, so something fun I thought of would be to have all of you play a fun game of musical chairs." He said enthused.
There was a lot of groans and moans in class. No body wanted to give up their spot next to their friends. I mean how fun would that be?
"Mr. Fields, do we have to play this game? I mean I think everyone is happy with where they are seated." A girl named Sandy had said.
He looked at her with a quirky smile.
"Really? Is that how everyone feels?" He looked around the room.
A few people wouldn't look in his direction.
"Ok. Let's leave it to a vote. Who wants to be spontaneous and change seats?" He asked us.
About half of the class raised their hands.
"How many people are afraid of change and want things to stay the same?" He asked.
Sandy and the other half of the class raised their hands.
"This is a first. We have a tie. Half of the class wants to stay predictable and not change, but the other half wants to be adventerous and change. This is a problem. However I have a solution, there was one person in this room who didn't raise their hand in either direction." He looked blankly at me.
"Chelsea, why didn';t you vote?" He asked.
I hesitated before answering.
"I felt pressured and didn't know which way to go. I like the people I sit by, and yet I want to get to know other people here. I don't know what to do with that." I said.
"Chelsea, in life you have to make decisions. Some are going to be accepted and others won't be, but does that make them any less important?...No. We all make choices everyday. We choose who to sit by...what to eat...what music to listen to in the car...what phone to buy and the clothes we wear, but none of that truly defines what kind of person you are. I have learned this in my life, too, the hard way that some choices I make have consequences in the life I lead.' He said.
"What choices do you mean, teach?" A guy named Darius asked.
"The choice of whether or not to do the right thing or to stay quiet. It all comes down to how well you can live with yourself with the choice you just made." He said.
The bell rang.
"Okay. That's enogh for today. Tomorrow is a new start and be prepared for the unknown." He teased as he met us out the door.

Scott, the boy who changed me, just kept quiet in his chair. I was about to leave when Mr. Fields stopped me.
"Chelsea, I was hoping you could do me a favor. Scott, there, I think he needs someone his age to talk to. Someone who might be sympethetic to what he's going through. I was hoping you could help bring him out of his shell." He said to me.
I looked at him then I looked at Scott, who looked as though his whole life were falling apart.
"Why me?" I asked.
"You know what it's like to be a new kid at school. To have the rest of the class look at you like you're from a different world. Please. Just talk to him. Try to help him adjust to life here."Mr. Fields begged.
I sighed and groaned.
OK. Will you write us each a pass for our next class?" I said turning around towards Scott who rolled his eyes to me.
"Sure." He said happily.
I took a seat next to Scott who looked as if he were a million miles away.
"Hi, Scott. How are today?" I asked.
He looked in my direction and clicked his tongue.
"I'm sorry I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Chelsea. Chelsea Fields. Nice to meet you." I said extending my arm to his.
" Fields, huh? So are you two related?" He asked me.
I sighed.
"Unfortunately, we are. Sometimes. Anyway. He's my father. We moved here a couple years ago, because he got this job. So what about you? Why did you move to this small town?" I asked.
"My mom's making me live with my aunt and uncle. She got in some legal trouble and they took me in. Not that I had much of a choice." He said so openly.
"Tell me about it." I said.
My father came back with two passes in toe.
"Here you are. Two hall passes one for you, Scott and one for my Chelsea." He said handing them to us then giving me a kiss.


© Copyright 2010 gigi8503 (gigi8503 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663773-The-Life-that-Never-was