*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663830-The-New-Coming
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1663830
The New Coming is about a few apprehensive kids starting a contemporary school band.
Chapter 1
"...and then, students, lastly, the predicate nominative follows the linking verb. Any questions?"
It was the last class of the day, and the students of Mrs. Schmuck's ninth grade class were ecstatic to find that there were only five minutes of class left. Disrupting the students' blissful thought of afterschool activities, the speakers blared for one final announcement before the school bell should go off.
"Hope you had a lovely day at Naboo Private Academy," said the announcement speaker, Miss Patti. "Today, the girl's soccer game has been canceled due to weather and climatic conditions."
A few girls groaned.
"The band that was playing tonight in the main auditorium has had slight delays, and they are now playing Friday night."
"Slight delays?" Some students whispered to others.
"And, finally! auditions for the new school band are tomorrow, Thursday, night. See Eli Paneya for further details. Go Warriors!"
Loudly, the bell rang as Mrs. Schmuck attempted to assign her student's their last bit of homework.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Marley! Marley!!" yelled Hannah as she dodged students down the hall.
Marley looked back with a slight smile, knowing who was calling her name.
Looking at Hannah with quite an odd expression, Marley suspiciously asked,"Yes, Hannah?"
"Have you talked to Eli?"
"No. Why would I?" asked Marley, pulling a starbust out of her pocket, unwrapping it, and popping it into her mouth. As they continued their great trek down the hall, she offered Hannah a starburst.
Hannah accepted the gift. "Because, I was thinking," Hannah continued while chewing her starburst,"since you kinda sing, you would audition. And, I mean, like, your brother and Eli are really close so you have a minor advantage."
"Minor, eh?" Marley asked rhetorically. She pushed on the panic bar to open the door, and they continued down the long stairs at the front, outside of the school building.
Marley turned to face Hannah, replying,"We'll see."
"Don't worry, Marley! If you audition and get in the band, it'll be fun. I know its true. It'll be fun! But I gotta jet now. See ya, loves!"
Marley waved bye as Hannah ran to unhook her bike off the rack and continued to her dorm
© Copyright 2010 Gabrielle (heartofpraise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1663830-The-New-Coming