*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664031-Teen-aging-an-Everyday-Problem
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by reem
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1664031
Want to know why you don't understand teenagaers? Go ahead I'll tell you why.


  In general, a human's life is concerned about three main cycles. The first is childhood, the second is teen aging and adolescence, and the final is senility. Teen aging is the most complicated cycle of all because it includes many social and personal conflicts. These conflicts are caused by many reasons, but like any other conflict, it has various solutions.



  On one hand, teen aging comes along with various experiences and misunderstandings that are caused by the society and the family, and which lead to different personal and social problems. First, every teenager undergoes the desire of creating his/her unique world. However, many parents are often meticulous that their daughter or son should always keep their company, and should always be present in the family atmosphere. That behavior might as well result from love, care and worry, but a teenager always observes this as a violation and abuse of his/her private, personal space. Second, many teenagers are affected by people of the same age, the process most known as "peer pressure". Let us keep in mind that a teenager desires the knowledge of hat he/she denies. That is why any opinion, suggestion, or conversation provided by the outer surrounding, makes a teenager more willing to explore and experience life. However, these experiences are often too dangerous for one to go through. In addition, teenagers always seem to confide in the wrong people, the matter that leads to both the disfiguring of one's reputation and the social underrating one undergoes. Third, the way parents treat their teenage children, is one of the most common problems nowadays. Not all parents know how to handle a conversation, an argument, or simply a piece of advice, and not all teenagers are able to tolerate the fact that this advice if for their best. Let us remember that a teenager, unlike an infant, does not accept to be under the force and judgment of others. The main problem occurs when parents confiscate a teenager's freedom as a punishment. Why is that a big deal? Well, that is an enormous conflict because a teenager's freedom is one of the few ways he/she expresses him/herself. Thus, when this teenager is deprived of that freedom, it only makes him/her more vulgar and unable to prove him/herself safely in the society.



  On another hand, all these conflicts have resolutions. "How can I understand my teenage daughter or son?" many people ask. Eventually, I am only 15 and incapable of penetrating through a parent's mind. However, I think that the solutions to this matter are simple. First, listening, which is very different from hearing, is an essential element between parents and teenagers. Listening and taking turns in a conversation, so smoothly and rationally really softens the problem and creates an atmosphere of harmony and understanding between both sides. That way the parents and the teenager are enabled to provide their opinion and receive on another's point of view at the same time. Second, honesty. You see, parents are always right and all they do is blame us for mistakes we did not completely commit. However, everyone makes mistakes, and that is why mistakes are not a shame. Then, if parents actually confess that they have made a mistake, or that they have been mistaken by taking that decision, we learn to confess our own. Eventually, both sides learn to first, admit their faults, and second, to be responsible of accepting the consequences. The final, yet most important advice is tolerance. Not all parents tolerate the fact that we are becoming adults. You see, it is not the physical change that makes us adults, for a baby undergoes physical transformations and developments such as growth. We however, change physically, mentally, and sexually. Even our view and understanding of the society and people changes.



  In conclusion, there are reasons for teenage conflicts as well as solutions. I guess that we very much enjoy stampeding towards all the danger in life, but that is indispensable for us to learn and prove ourselves. Perhaps we like to be independent, free, and sometimes alone, but that is no reason to be appalled, for we are only exploring the concealed. You see, even though we seem to think that life is a summer breeze, we are absolutely aware that there shall be a day in which we shall face the cold monsoon called our future.

© Copyright 2010 reem (xxoblivionxx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664031-Teen-aging-an-Everyday-Problem