*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664258-Welcome-Home
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1664258
The love of a reunion
The airport was crowded, but they didn't see anyone or anything but each other. Eyes locked, they stood in the centre of the arrivals terminal. Hungrily she let her eyes move across his face as if trying to memorise his features. He simply looked at her pale, tear stained face, a look of wonder upon his own.



Time stood still as they gazed upon each other. She took in his uniform, hating it for keeping him from her for too long, but loving it at the same time for giving him pride in his job, his love for his country. He took in her clothes, familiar yet different to him. Her swollen stomach, a reminder of the last time they were together, gave him goose bumps of joy. His mouth curved into a gentle smile as he thought of the life they had created in times of unrest.



Tears appeared in his eyes as he realised that this was not the end of his time away, but the beginning of a new life with the very core of his existence, and the child they would raise with love and affection. He was finally free from the constraints of war, the feeling of fear at every turn. No longer would he constantly have to keep his eyes on the ground, watching every footstep. He could now look at her, forever. The things he had seen would stay with him forever, as they should, but the things he had yet to see were more important.



She gently used her thumbs to wipe away the tears that were trailing down his perfectly serene face completely disregarding her own. The first contact shot electricity through both their bodies which caused smiles that mirrored each other. All too quickly, arms were flung around necks as lips met in the heat of the moment. Reunion fever hit them as they locked themselves into as passionate embrace as was possible.



Eventually, panting, they released each other. He bet down pick up his bag, took her hand and let her lead him out of the airport. The car park sparkled in the midday heat as they made their way to the car. After placing his belongings in the boot, he turned to her, his dirty blonde hair shining under the sun, his blue eyes glistening with sheer joy. Her own chocolate brown eyes shone with complete and utter joy of having her man back safe. Back where he belonged.



"Welcome home, my Jasper."
© Copyright 2010 mouse555 (mouse555 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664258-Welcome-Home