*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664398-Walk-Tall
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Relationship · #1664398
The greatest pain is not to love, but to love in vain.
Such a powerful love he felt for her, for she saw in him what no other had seen. She had given him strength, courage and hope.

Though they're friendship blossomed, they could never be. Worlds apart, he felt the sadness, such a tragedy it is, a real hit and miss.

But he will carry on, and always remember the gentle kindness she so merrily displayed to him. He stands on his own, atop a broken hill of insecurities and self-doubt.

He walks alone, keeping his chin up, but letting the tears fall. He moves onto an uncertain future, clouded with fear and pain.

But, he opens up his heart, to show the world that even in the most darkest of times, a man must shine his inner light, to survive. Although his darkness seems to go on without end, he will always remember her, a beacon of light, guiding him through the blackness.

"Walk tall", he says to himself. "Walk tall."
© Copyright 2010 Paul J. Belanger (entertherealm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664398-Walk-Tall