*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664517-Dancing-in-the-Rain
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1664517
Here is another shortstory dedicated to Naruto and Sakura.
Dancing in the Rain


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naruto and Sakura, taking some time off from Team Kakashi, decided to take a nice quiet walk through the park.
The sun was bright and the breeze was cool.

It was the perfect day.

"Isn't today great?" Naruto asked as they continued to walk hand in hand.

Sakura smiled at him, "Thanks for taking me here, Naruto."

The sat down at one of the benches, taking in he beautiful surroundings: The birds singing their harmonious music, the blooming flowers. and the green trees.

Suddenly, the skis grew gray and a clap of thunder rang through the valley, soon the rain began to fall in slow drops soon turning into a downpour.

Naruto laughed, "Just our luck right?"

Sakura smiled at him again, "It's okay, I love the rain."

She got up from where she sat and began to walk through the rain, her arms outstretched, "C'mon, Naruto, it isn't that bad."

Naruto laughed as he got up, thinking of what a sight it might have been seeing a pink-haired teen and blonde boy prancing through the rain like a couple of kids.

Sakura, now soaking wet, took her IPod from her bag, "My IPod's in a a waterproof case."

She stuck one of the earphones on Naruto's ear. The song she played was Chasing Cars. It was their song.

"Dance with me Naruto."

Naruto smiled and placed his hands on her hips and she wrapped her arms around his neck.

They swayed to the soft melody of the music.

Naruto had noticed that Sakura had closed her eyes and brought herself closer to him, laying her head on his shoulder, slowly mouthing the lyrics of the song.

Naruto buried his head in her hair closing his eyes and letting the song take him away.

The lyrics brought them to a nice feeling, away from the sounds of the park. Naruto could no longer feel the rain pouring onto him from the sky, the only thing he could feel was Sakura, her arms around him.

He had never felt so relaxed in his life.

There were no missions, there were no objectives, no chores, no worries whatsoever.

Just Sakura and himself, dancing in the rain.

The downpour had now settled to a calm drizzle as the song came to and end.

For a moment they did not move from their spot in the path, they remained standing in each others' arms.

The drizzle was nice and soothing as they looked deeply into one anothers' eyes.

Then they laughed at one another.

They were both drenched, their hair was hanging lank in their faces.

Sakura hugged Naruto tightly, "I love you, Naruto."

Naruto smiled and kissed her forehead, "I love you too."

Naruto looked at her, brushing the few wet strands of hair away from her face. He put a hand on her cheek and kissed her long and sweetly.

The rain stopped as soon as they kissed: the sun shining on the spot they stood.

Sakura put her head on his shoulder, "See, Naruto, today was just perfect."
© Copyright 2010 eldarranger (eldarranger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664517-Dancing-in-the-Rain