*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664591-Mementoes-chapter-I
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #1664591
It was his first time in that room, and he didn't how to behave. He hated psychologists.
It was his first time in that room, and he didn't how to behave. He hated psychologists.
He had his arms crossed over his stomach, lips pressed against eachother. His big, round eyes explored the room, desperatly searching for an excape. Unsuccessfull adventure, it was all clean and bright - no hole in the wall, no window that could be opened. Plus they must have been 500 metres above the ground, and death was not a possibility. Not yet, at least.
"You know I can read you, right?" she reached for the pen on the table, took it and started writing "You're not the first one to come here with that look on your face."
He didn't like her: her eyes were too small, her glasses were too big, her hair was too dark and her skin was too white. She looked like a vampire, without the fangs. She had this green-and-black striped dress and black stillettos, not your typical shrink, who'd usually wear shirts and long skirts. He wanted a typical shrink. As a matter of fact he didn't want a shrink at all, but that wasn't an option - all he cared about was getting out of that room as quick as he could, and if possible, alive. She looked like she was about to jump on him and eat him (literally). He stayed quiet and didn't move, trying to avoid the question: his dad always told him that when you face a wild creature, you should never look them in the eye and should stay as quiet as you can, because a single breath can kill you - or brutally harm you, whatever takes you fancy.
"So...?" she continued "Not the talkative type, eh? No problem... We deal with people like that all the time. Take your time, but not more than 30 minutes though, I don't have all day"
He didn't reply.
"Oh come kid, do I have to beat you up or something? Spill something out! I'm here to help you!" she tried to take his hand but he leaned back agains the chair and tried to avoid her cold hand "Jesus! I'm not one of those bloody vampires you see in TV or whatever!"
"I don't like you" he said, quietly, while looking up at her. She looked stressed. Dad had told him that he could easily stress people up, it was one of his abilities "You have mean eyes"
She sighed, got up and walked to the door. As she opened it, he looked back - he could read her mind. She was thinking "I'm not a fucking carer, I'm not here to play with mentally retarded teenagers"
"Hey miss" he said, in his deep almost-manly voice "I'm not retarded, and I'm not a piece of shit"
She looked at him, raised one of her eyebrows and closed the door.
"I never said that"
"You say you didn't, but I see it differently" he smirked and uncrossed his arms. He leaned backwards and put his hands on his legs "I thought shrinks were supposed to be calm and patient"
"I'm not your typical shrink" she smiled at him "Now, can we talk? Or are you going to turn into a 3 year-old again?"
He closed his eyes, and nodded.
He just wanted to get that out of the way.
© Copyright 2010 oh,wow. (ohwow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664591-Mementoes-chapter-I