*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664679-This-is-love
Rated: E · Monologue · Romance/Love · #1664679
I'm pretending that I've figured out what love is. way cheesy on my part
I've asked everyone I know what love is, I could never figure it out. I've spent my whole life searching for an answer when the question didn't make sense. Now so many years later i think I've figured it out.
Love is more than just watching a sunset on the beach after the perfect date or dancin in the rain. It's not Hollywood endings or old fasion love stories or finding that perfect guy. it has nothing to do with love songs or your very first kiss.
Love is joy in; all the little things, all the songs he tries to sing, all the times he's admitted he was wrong in an attempt to get you back with him, seeing him smile, the sound of his voice, the way he laughs at every joke you try to tell. It's joy in; the end of a long day at school, chilling outside with nothing to do, having nothing left to say so you both start chuckling awkwardly, leaning in for that first kiss and he makes you meet him halfway.
Love is joy in; the pain that you feel at the end of each day at thinking of the wait until you see him again, the feeling when you wake up and relise you will see him again, in smiling as you walk out the door thinking of his face, laughing yourself to sleep as you drift off into dreams thinking of the conversations you've had.
Love is joy in; the first date, your father freaks him out and your brother's cracking knuckles in the background, the way he laughs nervously trying to play it off, the way he loosens up once he gets a hold of your hand, the way the first date was a total blow but you had fun anyway, the way he tried to kiss you goodnight but ended up knocking over your drink.
Love is joy in; the way that he stumbles over most every word, the way he misspells every word he tries to text, the way that he tries just a little to hard, the way that he slips up every time he sees your face, the way that you know you do the same thing because everything you think of gets lost in his eyes.
© Copyright 2010 ElectricButterfly (fall_on_fear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1664679-This-is-love