*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665995-Giving-Up-and-Believing
Rated: E · Essay · Philosophy · #1665995
It is never a defeat to give up, indeed.
    "All life is an experiment."

            - Ralph Waldo Emerson

    When one battles another, he is aimed for the glory. When one competes for the prize, he's after it undoubtedly. But when one is lost, it is automatically treated as a defeat. However, if in the midst of the fight he surrenders, it is also a defeat with the fact that he cannot withstand his enemy. With this, giving up has been associated with failures and disappointment.

    If a man sees a delinquency in a street, perhaps he would report it to the policemen. If ever in a ring had a bout of two strongest boxers, apparently it would gather a crowd. They would watch the whole fight and sooner, someone would be declared as a winner--either by KO or TKO. And if a faulty was seen by the mob, they may even lynch the referee. On the other hand, when a boxer surrendered in a fight, he would be ashamed of himself. He would even be the center of ridicule heedless of what he had given. The fact still remains that his belt was taken, as well as the expectations. But the fact would also remain that he is hit under the belt.

    He may have given up. But giving up is but a sensible term. It describes the infinite range of true power. It bounds the limits of lore on yourself. When you give up, it means that you are no longer capable of enduring things hurled against you. It also signifies that you'd stop for a short doze. And when you are ready enough, then you'd keep going to continue your battles. Along with these, you surrender yourself to God after a tiring warfare because you've accepted the reality--you are just tired. Giving up is basically giving yourself up to God. But this term has been affiliated to the doomsday of our lives, that of which deserted to avoid sarcasm. Herewith is a question lingering on our minds, "Would it be okay to give up?" Well it is affirmative in every way. The one who does not give up does not cogitate everything that will affect his fight. Anyone who keeps on going through his toughest journey is hoaxed by his courage. And that courage is certainly weak. To emphasize, a true valor knows when to surrender and when to fight.

    When we are to scale a mountain, we should first ask for its height. When a mountaineer just kept on climbing regardless of the information, he may have reached the peak of the highest mountain, but he will surely die frozen.

    Life is but an experiment. It is even worthy to try new things for it makes the variables distinct. And the product of different things when handled properly is a certain success. A journey is never been a journey if it is just a meter long. That is why a journey is always lengthy. And this should start with a single step. From which, every step counts. When we stop, it does not mean we would no longer walk, we are just to rest. If we keep on walking, we would surely take the risk--and it is of uncertainty. It will even exhaust our strength if the risk is wrong. If we keep on walking forward and forward, we may have reach the end of the trail but we'd have no force to enjoy its end. Would you choose time rather yourself? That is the realm of believing. That is the realm of giving up.
© Copyright 2010 laughing-stock (metagenesis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1665995-Giving-Up-and-Believing