*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666007-On-being-a-grown-up
Rated: E · Monologue · Experience · #1666007
these are some of my thoughts on being a grown up
Growing old they say is mandatory - I guess we can't escape the annual birthday that makes us a year older but growing up now that's a whole different ball game. For me age is a state of mind - ok I can tell you what my chronological age is but my mental age - how I feel inside is something very different and it's something which can change from day to day or even hour to hour.I mean some mornings when I wake up - usually a work morning I feel about 105 especially if the old man has been snoring like the proverbial bullock all night along with the cat and the dog adding to the night chorus which is frequently amplified at this time of year by the delicate sound of seagulls waking up and bonking on the roof.A visit to the bathroom these days though can put a whole different slant on my day.We currently have a frame,lovingly know as the s**t frame over the toilet as my daughter has had a hip operation and when I sit on it, my feet don't quite reach the floor so I suddenly revert to feeling like a little kid again dangling my feet from various seats.Suddenly such a simple act transports me back to my childhood and I feel like I'm 6 or 7 again,until someone shouts at me to get out of the toilet now because they're bursting and to stop behaving like a twat!!!!
© Copyright 2010 Connie Rhodes (connierhodes1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666007-On-being-a-grown-up