*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666128-Homecoming
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Ally
Rated: E · Sample · Dark · #1666128
A jealous girl tries to get revenge on her boyfriend.
Homecoming
Rachael Greene is driving home from college in her old, gas-guzzling Ford pick-up, sobbing profusely about the news she has just come to realize. Her boyfriend Ryan, of 2 years, has just sent her a text message telling her that he has a new girlfriend who she had heard him talking about a few months earlier. He tells her that their relationship is over and he doesn’t have the same feelings for her after they had been fighting for several weeks. She stares intently at the road in front of her on a dark, eerie Friday night as streams of gray tears begin running down her face from the black make-up on her eyes. Ryan attends a different college than her and ever since they parted their separate ways, things have never been the same. Rachael and Ryan had been high school sweethearts and never seemed to get enough of each other as they had even talked about getting married someday. They each had their own specific interests and made the decision to go to separate colleges in order to pursue those interests. Not realizing that being apart from each other for long periods of time would utterly tear their relationship apart, they parted in their merry ways at the end of the summer.
While making a sharp turn, Rachael’s cell phone falls out of her lap and rolls under her seat.
“Ugh!” Rachael says with an angry sigh after hearing her phone hit the floor mat beneath her seat.
Rachael reaches down to grab it, still trying to keep an eye on the road while driving fairly quickly as she is eager to get home to her nice warm bed. She tries to reach it, but cannot  because somehow, it got lodged far beneath her seat. Taking her eye off the road, she stretches her arm to reach further under her seat while her truck begins swerving all over the road. On the side of the road a few feet ahead of her is a girl walking and waving her arms in hopes that Rachael will see her. The girl begins walking toward the truck and signaling for whoever is driving the truck to stop, but she doesn’t realize that Rachael, inside the truck, is not paying any attention to the road.
“Whew, there it is.” Rachael says as she is finally able to grab her phone.
Just as she looks up, she notices the girl in front of her car like a deer in the headlights, but by that time, it is too late. There is a loud bang as Rachael slams into the girl who thinks Rachael is going to stop.
“Oh my god!!” Rachael screams as she jams on the breaks after realizing that she has just hit someone.
Pulling her car to the side of the road, she quickly hops out and runs over to the girl.
“Are you okay?! I was reaching down to find my cell phone and didn’t realize you were standing in the road.” Rachael says with a panicked tone as the girl appears to be in quite a bit of pain.
“Mmmm….” The girl moans with a large gash on her forehead and blood covering her arm.
Lying next to the girl’s purse is her wallet that must have fallen out as she was flung through the air. Rachael, starting to panic in fear that the girl is not okay, takes a quick glance at the girl’s drivers license.
“Elizabeth Stanley…” Rachael reads from the card with a shaky voice.
“That name sounds familiar. Oh…I know who you are…I was just talking to your boyfriend about you.” Rachael says as she realizes that this is her ex-boyfriend’s new girlfriend.
Rachael sits there thinking and sighs with an evil laugh. The girl appears limp and possibly unconscious while blood begins streaming out of the large gash on her forehead. 
“You little brat…stole my boyfriend away…” She says in an angry tone while gritting her teeth.
“What are you doing out here this late at night? Trying to make it to Ryan’s house, huh? Well let me give you a ride.” Rachael says with a grin on her  face.
“I hope you don’t love Ryan too much, because he is going to miss you.” Rachael says as she drags the limp, bloody girl to the bed of her truck.

(To be continued…)

© Copyright 2010 Ally (frasealy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666128-Homecoming