*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666599-Victoria-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Teen · #1666599
What did Gimble have to tell our Victoria?
Gimble nodded toward me, and lowered his head. "Hello, Lady Victoria, how are you on this fine moonlit night?"

I giggled, because he always spoke in such peculiar ways, he reminded me of hero's in the romance books that where stashed away from my father's prying eyes, "I missed you Gimble. Why haven't you and the others come to visit me?" I frowned; I had missed my little friends and all of their stories and teachings. I craved the magic that they taught me. I found that I could do small things without them, light a candle, create a small illusion, and talk to small plants. All of those things I could do very well on my own, but I missed the long nights flying threw the forest with only the wind in my face, my little friends by my side, and the stars on my back.

Gimble looked at my, sadness pouring from his eyes, "We will no longer be visiting you, Dearest Victoria."

I blinked away the sudden tears, "B-but... Why not? I have been good! I talk to the flowers everyday, I keep the charms that you told me too, and I practice the magic.... Everything you've asked me to do, I have done. Why can't I see you all anymore?" I did not want to lose my dearest friends. They had always been there, even after mom and dad made the big split. My chest was tight, making it hard to breathe. It seemed like everything and everyone I had ever loved was leaving me.

Gimble looked to the ground, shuffling his feet, I could have sworn I saw a tear but when he looked up, it wasn't there. "Queen Aledia has taken sick. Garo and I must take our places as her guard. Naria and Falia must take their place's as Ladies Maid... we do not have enough time to be wasting with a ... a human."

There had always been an up roar of the four spending so much time with a 'useless human girl'. "B-but ... you can't just leave me... you promised you always be here. What about the magic you where going to teach me? And the herbs I don't know and... and.."

"I will miss you," he cut me off, with a sad smile,” But for now, I must leave. Grow up well, Victoria, and do not forget the Faye. You may need us one day again." And, just like the other times, he was gone in an instant. I never cried much until that day, but after he left, I cried myself to sleep. My family was gone, my home, and now my greatest friends where leaving as well. That day was the first time I had ever experienced loneliness.
© Copyright 2010 Lilithe Silvermead (itsinthestars at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666599-Victoria-Chapter-2