*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666639-The-Lines-We-Cross--Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Death · #1666639
The first time I’d ever seen him was on a city bus.

The first time I’d ever seen him was on a city bus.
Me and my friend Sara had been headed to the mall to do some Christmas shopping.
His beauty had been what first caught my attention.
He had black,
Almost straight hair.
Blue eyes , and I mean as blue as the sea .
His skin wasn’t pale ,
Nor very tanned.
But it matched perfectly with the rest of him.
His face was almost angelic .
He seemed so perfect.
The next thing I noticed about him was the girl almost glued to his side .
His arm was draped loosely around her shoulders ,
But she had pressed herself up against his side.
She seemed to be talking very excitingly about something ,
But it was obvious that he was in a world of his own . I looked up towards his face again and embarrassedly noticed he was looking back at me.
I felt my face heat up and looked away ,
But out of the corner of my eye I thought I’d seen him wink.
I saw him later on that day as well.

Me and Sara had been discussing weather having a little sister or a little brother was worse while eating taco’s in the food court when I spotted him again.
This time the girl was no where in site ,
And he was surrounded by a group of teenage boys around his age .
Sara noticed who I was staring at and cleared her throat.
You don’t know who that is , do you?
I glanced over at her
It’s the guy from the bus .
I stated. She laughed slightly.
That , and he’s Corey Macvicar , he’s just about one of the biggest stoners in our school.
I glanced back at the gorgeous boy , and noticed he was walking in our direction , the group of boy’s that had surrounded him were still in the same place as before .
Hey there pretty ladies , do I know you from somewhere ?
His voice was soft yet raspy sounding , and suited him perfectly.
Uh , yeah … school.
I managed to get out.
He smirked, and was about to speak when Sara interrupted him.
Where’s Sabrina ?
She asked. Corey’s smirk faltered slightly before he replied.
We broke up , She was kind of …
He didn’t have a chance to finish before Sara had interrupted him again.
A whore ?
He laughed , loudly , before responding .
I was going to say clingy , but that works too.
He turned the full force of his smile on me
And what’s your name , princess .
I smiled nervously before answering
Rain
It came out quietly , but he herd it.
Never met someone whit a name like that before .
His remark could have been taken as an insult , but something in the way he looked at me made me think otherwise.
Yeah , well my parent’s sure were creative while naming me.
I tried to make it come out slightly sarcastic , as if I didn’t care about his opinion , but it came out just as nervous and quiet as before .
Never take an original name for granted . At least your name isn’t something over used , like Sara for instance.
He glanced in Sara’s direction, smirking in satisfaction when he saw her angered expression . That should have been a warning sign for me to politely excuse us , and get as far away from this gorgeous boy as possible , but instead I continued our conversation. We chatted a little until Sara spoke up about something along the lines of finishing our shopping and meeting my dad .
© Copyright 2010 H.Y Baptist (hayleywritter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1666639-The-Lines-We-Cross--Chapter-1