*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667558-The-Bet-1st-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1667558
The quarterback wouldn't know what hit him...
“I’m just about finished,” Jason whispered as he touched up his lipstick and adjusted his brassiere.

“Hurry, they’re coming back,” Jack responded with urgency in his voice.

“OK. I’m ready.” Jason stepped out in front of Phil and Miguel.

“Hi, guys,” Jason’s voice much higher as he waved playfully with just his fingers.

“Hi, Stephanie,” Miguel replied as smooth as he could. He did a once over of Jason/Stephanie with his eyes.

“Are you coming to the party tonight, Phil?” Jason twisted the shoulder length wig’s hair around his finger. He batted his eyes, and tapped his high-heeled toe on the floor.

“Sure. Are you coming?”

“Well, I would…. But… I don’t have a date.”

Miguel glared at Phil then nodded his head in short choppy movements.

“I’m sure Miguel could take you.”

“Yes. I’d love to.”

“Oh, ok. Thanks Miguelly welly. I’ll meet you there at six sharp. Don’t… be… late.” Jason wagged his hips as he walked out the door.

Jack laughed until his stomach ached. “Man, I gotta tell you. You look fine in that dress. A little prudish, but shoot I’d even think about dating you!”

“Thanks, I think. Three days in this outfit and my feet are killing me. I hope that’s the last time I have to wear this get-up. Now, there’s no way Miguel can ask ‘Tara’ out.”

“I hope it works. You’ve gone to the most lengths to win a bet I’ve ever seen. Plus, we’re pulling one over on that stuck up star quarterback jockstrap.”

“It’ll be worth it. Miguel will be stood up. I’ll get to unmask 'Tara' as Steve to win our bet. And I will be the life of the party.”

“Just in case, you’d better bring the outfit. Steve still has eight hours to turn the tables.”



300 Words
Flash Story Must contain: "Hurry, they're coming back"
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1667558-The-Bet-1st-Place