*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668072-The-End-or-Beginning
by Doll
Rated: E · Short Story · Religious · #1668072
Woke up and realize how life had changed or was it me?
  As I walked down the sidewalk not even noticing things around me, I felt kind of strange.  As if somehow things had changed.  Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was my mood, or even who knows maybe my life got easier, ha, ha, not really.  No matter somehow things just didn't seem right.  Even the way I was thinking wasn't right, somehow.
  As I stood on the sidewalk in front of this big office building.  While the cool autumn wind blew straight threw my raincoat.  I began looking in one of the windows of the office building.  It was one of those windows which looked like a mirror.  I could see my reflection, but the image I saw surprised even me.
  As I stood there and contiued to look into that mirror.  I was somehow surprised at who was looking back at me.  For looking back at me was someone I didn't even know, someone I didn't recognize.
  A woman who could of been anything but wasn't, someone who settle for less than her very best.  Someone who spent all her time wishing and never achieving.  Who settle for what was given to her, instead of going out and making her way prosperous.  Who wanted to be in the "In Crowd" but who never got in a crowd at all.  Who's thoughts were good, but determination was low.  Who's looks were good, but self-esteem held her back.  Who wanted to make a difference, could of made a difference, but didn't even try to make a difference.
  What turns a person like that?  With all the "I'm gonna do this, and I'm gonna do that" what happens?  Come what may!  But what could help me now, now thta life has beaten me down.  I found myself back on the sidewalk, back in front of the building with the mirrors for windows.  I turned to see the sidewalk was beginning to fill with people walking in all directions.  I turned to go on up the street.  While the cool wind blew across my face, I realize something new, was this the beginning of my life or the end?
© Copyright 2010 Doll (javacaramel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668072-The-End-or-Beginning