*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668315-Vampires-and-Werewolves-and-All-That
by AJ
Rated: E · Script/Play · Comedy · #1668315
This is only some of the play, will finish in the next few days
Dramatis Personae
The Friends – AMY, SCARLETT, STEPHANIE and ZOE
The Good Vampires – ASHLEY, CEDRIC, JACKSON, KIEFER, KELLAN, NIKKI, RACHELLE and SELENE
The Evil Vampires – GLADLIOLUS, KRISTINA, LESTAT, LOUIS, ORLOK and VLAD
The Vampire Hunters - BUFFY, SPIKE, VAN HELSING and XANDER
The Werewolves – ALAN, DEAN and LIVVY

SCENE 1

Uphall. Sometime during the Summer Holidays. The world is shrouded in a thick, eerie, somewhat impenetrable fog, the trees and buildings mere silhouettes swiftly vanishing in the rough rising tide of a grey, ghostly ocean. All around, the atmosphere is silent, only the occasional passing of a car, the creaking of a rusty, ragged garden gate slowly swinging back and forth, and the distant wailing of a child pierces the emptiness and proves that life still remains out there in that foggy wilderness. Scarlett, Amy, Zoe and Stephanie are in the park beside the graveyard. Amy and Zoe are on the hammock. Stephanie is sitting on the bench listening to Scarlett’s iPod. Scarlett is standing at the top of the spiderweb, gazing out at the world below.
AMY: (to Zoe): No – You get on first – I’ll swing it a bit then jump on.
ZOE: Don’t swing it too much!
AMY: Don’t worry – I won’t (begins to swing hammock)
ZOE: (clinging on for dear life) Amy!
SCARLETT: Alas! The world is slowly being devoured by the vast jaws of nothingness!
STEPHANIE: Ha ha! You’ve got Shakira on your iPod!
SCARLETT: (spinning round) WHAT? HAVE I? AWF – I MEANT TO TAKE THAT – (slips and falls) OUCH! OH! AH! EEK! AOW! AAAAAHHHHH! OW! OUCH! (hits ground) Ouuucchh...That’s something I don’t recommend trying. See you by the way Stephatron!
STEPHANIE: (Singing and mimicking Shakira dancing) ... Wherever, Whenever...
ZOE: (getting down from hammock) Are you all right?
SCARLETT: Well, let’s just say that the only injury I managed to avoid during that fall was decapitation. As to breakages – It feels like I’m probably going to have to slither about the ground like The Blob From Outer Space for the rest of my life (slowly gets up off the ground, and after brushing all the wood chips from her clothes, limps painfully over to stand beside the bench) Hey – We’re being watched...
(Suddenly, from behind the veil of fog, a group of dark clad figures emerge. Swiftly and gracefully, they approach)
STEPHANIE: I think we’d better go now.
AMY: No, wait!
(A tall, extremely handsome guy steps forward from the group)
CEDRIC: (with a voice like honey) Hello there. Sorry to intrude. My name’s Cedric and this here is my family. We have just moved here from up north, and if we could only have the pleasure of a few acquaintances around here...
AMY: Hi.
ZOE: Welcome to Uphall.
SCARLETT: Great weather to welcome you here eh?
CEDRIC: (laughing) In fact, we rather enjoy the fog in a way... Not to say that your village isn’t a most beautiful one...
SCARLETT: (bitterly to self) You’d think...
CEDRIC: Of course, if anything, it is much warmer down here. We’ve quite forgotten the wonderful feel of the sun on our skin on a warm Summer’s day. Seems almost like we have not felt warmth in a thousand years...
ZOE: Where are you living?
CEDRIC: Oh – Not far from here – Just down the road in fact.
SCARLETT: In one of those American style houses?
CEDRIC: Ah – You know the ones?
SCARLETT: I’ve always thought they look ever so beautiful... Hidden away from the rest of this dismal little place in their own little world of exotic plants and balconies and gravel driveways... Walk past them every day and always, just for a second, I stop and wonder... What are they really like inside?
CEDRIC: (smiling) Spectacular.
SCARLETT: Wow...
CEDRIC: So – Who might you all be? I don’t believe we gave ourselves a proper introduction.
AMY: I’m Amy... (points to Scarlett) This is Scarlett
ZOE: She’s a bit mad
AMY: (points to Zoe) This is Zoe, and that’s Stephanie over there.
STEPHANIE: Hi.
CEDRIC: Pleasure (nods head in respect) These are my brothers – Jackson, Kellan and Kiefer, my sisters, Nikki, Ashley, Rachelle and Selene and our friend Kristina (All nod when names are spoken. The whole family are strangely beautiful, with milky white skin and syrup coloured eyes) So – Will you join us? We need someone to show us round. Scarlett?
SCARLETT: Well... I’d love to, but I was just leaving... I better get home, it’s late...
STEPHANIE: Yeah – me too.
ZOE: My mum wants me in before half six.
(All make to leave)
CEDRIC: Very well. I understand. Make sure you hang out with us later though. What about you Amy?
AMY: I’ll show you round. (walks over to join group) Come on guys! (looks hopefully at Scarlett, Zoe and Stephanie but they shake their heads)
SCARLETT: No, no – I’ll be having dinner soon.
STEPHANIE: So will I.
SCARLETT: (to Cedric and family) It was great meeting you though.
CEDRIC: The pleasure is all ours.
SCARLETT: Enjoy Uphall. See you around. Catch ya later Amy. (Scarlett, Stephanie and Zoe walk off, leaving Amy in the park with Cedric and the others) Want me to walk you home Steph? I can picture you wandering about out here in this fog...
STEPHANIE: All right (turns to look back at the park) What was up back there?
SCARLETT: Yeah, that whole thing was sorta weird wasn’t it?
ZOE: I don’t think we should have left Amy alone like that.
SCARLETT: You’re right – let’s go back
STEPHANIE: No! Don’t bother.
(They turn around and walk back into the park, but Amy, Cedric and the others are gone)


SCENE 2

It is the middle of the night. Scarlett is woken by the "Psycho" theme tune.
SCARLETT: What the...? (clambers out of bed and goes to her jacket, which is hanging on the door. Fumbles in her pocket for her phone) It's two in the morning! Who's calling at this hour? (Retrieves phone and answers call) Hello?
AMY: (very distantly) ...Scarlett...
SCARLETT: Amy? Why on earth are you calling me at this time? Are you alright?
AMY: ...Scarlett... I'm at the park... Come quickly...
SCARLETT: (slightly worried) What is it? What's going on?
(The phone goes dead. Scarlett gets her jeans and trainers on but cannot decide what top to wear. She ransacks the drawer in search of a top. She is trying on her third top when the phone rings again.)
AMY: ...Scarlett... Hurry...
(The phone goes dead again. Not noticing the bat clawing at her window, Scarlett races downstairs, out the front door and down the street to the park. As she stands by the gate, through the fog she can see Amy on the bench, and standing behind her, a large, dark silhouette with evil, glowing red eyes)
ZOE: Scarlett? What are you doing out here?
SCARLETT: (jumps in surprise) Zoe! I could ask you the same thing!
ZOE: Amy phoned me and it sounded like she was in trouble, so I came out
SCARLETT: Same. What's going on?
ZOE: I don't know. Look, there she is over there.
SCARLETT: I know - Who's that behind her?
ZOE: Where?
(Scarlett points, but the red eyed stranger has vanished)
SCARLETT: They... They seem to have gone...
ZOE: Don't just stand there! We've got to get to Amy!
(Scarlett and Zoe run to Amy)
ZOE: Amy?
SCARLETT: Are you alright?
(Amy does not appear to notice them. She simply stares ahead into space)
ZOE: (louder) Amy?
SCARLETT: Has something happened? Are you ok? (starts searching ground)
ZOE: (to Scarlett) What are you doing?
SCARLETT: Looking for bottles or a syringe or something - I'm quite worried... We did warn her about that Red Bull did't we?
ZOE: You think she's been doing drugs?
SCARLETT: I dunno... I hope not.. I don't think she would... She's got more sense but...
ZOE: Amy - What's wrong?
AMY: (distantly) ...Nothing...
SCARLETT: Nothing? I don't know about you, but this doesn't quite seem like nothing to me - hanging about in the middle of the night in the fog...
AMY: ...Nothing's wrong... Scarlett... Zoe... take me home...
ZOE: Tell us what's wrong first
SCARLETT: Yeah - If we need to call an ambulance, and you're dead in the morning, it'll be our fault...
AMY: ...Everything's fine... take me home...
(Scarlett and Zoe look at each other)
SCARLETT: Well... We'd bettter get you out of this fog anyhow, before we all freeze to death.
(Zoe and Scarlett help Amy up and lead her out of the park. As they pass through the gate, they stop to watch a bat fly by)
AMY: ...Cedric...


SCENE 3

The next day. The fog is thicker than ever. Scarlett and Zoe are in the living room at Zoe's Granddad's house. They are eating Pot Noodles and watching Hairspray.
ZOE: You look tired
SCARLETT: Sorry - I had the strangest dream last night... It was so vivid... Felt so real...
ZOE: (suspiciously) What was it?
SCARLETT: Well... I got a phone call from Amy in the middle of the night, then I went down to the park, where Amy was sitting on the bench, and there was this dark shape with red eyes behind her, then you were there and we ran over to her... She didn't seem herself... Then we took her home. Weird huh?
ZOE: Oh my God..
SCARLETT: What is it?
ZOE: I had that dream aswell
SCARLETT: (astonished) Did you? But then...
ZOE: It was exactly the same!
SCARLETT: But that would suggest... No, it couldn't be... Could it...?
ZOE: I found this this morning though - (gets up and goes into the corner, retrieving Amy's handbag) She must have left this here yesterday. It has her phone in it...
SCARLETT: But if it has her phone in it... how did she...?
ZOE: I don't know
SCARLETT: Should we go see her? Make sure she's all right?
ZOE: Well, I've got to stay here till granddad get's back, but you can go
SCARLETT: I don't want to leave you here though
ZOE: Scarlett - Amy could be in trouble. You better go.
SCARLETT: Oh well... I won't be long... Are you sure -
ZOE: Scarlett! Just go!

SCENE 4

Amy's house. Scarlett knocks on door. Amy answers. She looks very pale and sick.
AMY: Hi
SCARLETT: Amy? Are you feeling all right? You don't look too great
AMY: (coughing) I'm fine. I'm just quite tired and I have a bit of a headache
SCARLETT: Aw right - Sorry to bother you... I just came to bring you this - (holds up red handbag)
AMY: (takes bag) Aw thanks - I was looking for this. Come in
(Scarlett follows Amy into the house)
SCARLETT: So... what did you get up to with Cedric last night?
AMY: (locking door) Nothing much. I showed him the hugh street and the parks and he took me for a ride on his motorbike.
SCARLETT: Motorbike? Cool
(They begin walking upstairs)
AMY: Do your mum and dad know you're here?
SCARLETT: No...so...
AMY: (quietly to self) Good
SCARLETT: Sorry?
AMY: Nothing
SCARLETT: (noticing a huge spider on the wall) Look at the size of that spider!
AMY: Oh - that's Edward
SCARLETT: (laughing) Edward?
AMY: Yeah - cute isn't he?
SCARLETT: Sure. Absolutely adorable
(They continue the journey up the stairs and go into Amy's room. Scarlett sits down on bed)
AMY: (handing Scarlett a bottle) Want a drink?
SCARLETT: (takes bottle) Thanks - What is this? (looks suspiciously at bottle) Not Red Bull is it? Then again, Red Bull isn't usually -
AMY: It's a new kind
SCARLETT: A new kind? Oh well, thanks (goes to drink, but notices Amy watching her intently) You not having a drink?
AMY: No, I'm fine
SCARLETT: Not even Red Bull?
AMY: I never drink Red Bull
SCARLETT: WHAT?!?! But you always drink Red Bull! It's like, your thing! I even used to say you were addicted!
AMY: I gave it up
SCARLETT: (in disbelief) You gave up Red Bull? These are strange times... Strange, strange times...
AMY: What do you mean?
SCARLETT: Well, this for a start, then this strange fog which has been hanging over Uphall for days... Then there was the weird dream I had last night...
AMY: Weird dream?
SCARLETT: Well... you were in it -
(There is a loud noise downstairs)
AMY: Wait there - (leaves room and runs downstairs)
SCARLETT: Right (looks around nervously. Notices top Amy was wearing yesterday lying on the floor. All down the front, it is stained with blood. Scarlett gulps. Amy re-enters the room) Dean Cairney again? He's got to stop stalking you btw
AMY: (laughing) I know. Yeah - He was trying to break through the kitchen window with a crowbar. Think he's hiding in the freezer again. (hands Scarlett a can) Would you prefer Irn-Bru?
SCARLETT: Oh thanks - Yeah, I don't really drink Red Bull (cracks open can, slicing finger on the metal as she does so) OW! (Blood spurts from the wound and trickles down her hand)
AMY: What happened?
SCARLETT: I've just went and cut my hand
AMY: (Turns to look. At the sight of the blood, her eyes widen and a strange, almost hungry, glint lights them. Slowly the edges towards Scarlett) ...Let me... see how bad it is...
SCARLETT: It's fine, it's fine. Just a tiny cut
AMY: (quite fiercely) Scarlett - You've almost went and cut your whole bloody hand off! Let me see...
(As she closes in, the "Psycho" theme tune rings out. Scarlett grabs her phone from her bag and, answering it, runs out into the hall)
SCARLETT: (shouting) Sorry Amy - I better go now, see you (hurries downstairs)
AMY: Wait!
SCARLETT: Bye! (unlocks door and flees)


SCENE 5

Scarlett is walking through the woods behind the skate park. She is still talking on the phone. She notices someone walking behind her.
SCARLETT: I'm just going in for Stephanie. Again - thank you SO SO much for phoning - You called just at the right moment...
ZOE: Scarlett! We've been talking for 20 minutes!
SCARLETT: 20 minutes?!? Sorry - Working up your phone bill here. See you soon, right? It's just I... (Zoe hangs up)
CEDRIC: Don't want to be alone?
SCARLETT: Cedric!
CEDRIC: Sorry if I scared you there
SCARLETT: No, not at all
CEDRIC: (laying an icy hand on her shoulder) A pretty girl like you shouldn't be walking in the woods alone.
SCARLETT: Well my mum always reckons I'll get murdered if I do.
CEDRIC: (laughing) She does eh?
SCARLETT: There was this one time though, when Zoe and I were walking through here and a hobo came out of the trees... We were absolutely terrified... but he just ran straight past us...
CEDRIC: (laughing) A hobo? Believe me - there are more terrifying things out there
SCARLETT: I guess... Say, why are you here?
CEDRIC: Scarlett... I need to talk to you
SCARLETT: What is it?
CEDRIC: Amy tells me you like scary films... and... well, sometimes when you look at me, I can see it in your eyes... you know...
SCARLETT: ...I know...?
CEDRIC: You know... What... What I am
SCARLETT: What d'you mean? You're not a serial killer are you?
CEDRIC: No... Look at me... I know you can see...
SCARLETT: (nervously) ...N-no...I-I don't know what you...
CEDRIC: Twilight? The Lost Boys? The Vampire Bat? Dracula?
SCARLETT: No! Cedric... Seriously? No... It can't be...
CEDRIC: Look at me and tell me you don't believe it's true
SCARLETT: You're a...a... a vampire?
CEDRIC: SHHH... not so loud!
SCARLETT: Sorry
(There is a rustling in the bushes. The pair do not notice they are being watched)
CEDRIC: My family and I came here to end our curse - To seek the Stone of Eternal Night and destroy it - Thus ending our centuries long torment.
SCARLETT: Could you not always just destroy the "head vampire"?
CEDRIC: Well, there is that, but unfortunately they were lost to us centuries ago. I come to you, however, not just for myself and my family, but for the one I love.
SCARLETT: The one you love?
CEDRIC: No doubt you have noticed the change in your friend Amy...
SCARLETT: Well she looked like she wanted to kill me earlier, had this odd glint in her eye when I cut my hand... That was kinda weird... AND SHE SAID SHE WAS GIVING UP RED BULL! I almost dropped dead in shock!
CEDRIC: When I first saw her she lit up the darkness that has for an eternity of suffering shrouded the sky of my world, she opened my eyes to the beauty of this world, the meaning of life, the meaning of my existence... I cannot see her subjected to this wicked, evil curse - Though I fear that it may already be too late... I would have stopped her last night... If I only... I should have known...
SCARLETT: What happened?
CEDRIC: Well...

FLASHBACK

The previous night. Two motorbikes are speeding along side by side, Kellan and Kristina on one, Cedric and Amy on the other. They stop in a small woodland clearing by the Union Canal and getting off the bikes, Kellan builds a fire and they all sit around it.
CEDRIC: Beautiful night isn't it?
AMY: Yeah
CEDRIC: Thank you for showing us around
AMY: No problem, I've actually only been in Uphall a few months myself
CEDRIC: Oh have you?
KRISTINA: (comes up behind Cedric and wraps her arms around him, offering him a bottle) Want a drink Cedric?
CEDRIC: (shrugging her off) No Kristina, not for me
KRISTINA: But it's ever so cols (wraps her arms around him again)
CEDRIC: And so are you Kristina, get off! (throws her off)
KRISTINA: Very well
AMY: (laughing to Cedric) I don't like being touched either
CEDRIC: Oh really? Well what if I was to... (bends to kiss her. Kristina comes between them)
KRISTINA: How about you...Amy (speaks her name with disgust) Do you want a drink?
AMY: No thanks
KRISTINA: (patronisingly) Yes - You're a bit young aren't you? I'd hate to get in trouble if mummy and daddy found out I'd let you drink (turns to walk away)
AMY: No, I can drink if I want, I just don't want any
KRISTINA: (to Cedric, a nasty smile on her lips) Cute isn't she? I can see why you like her
AMY: Fine then! (snatches the bottle from Kristina)
KRISTINA: So glad you decided to... join us...
CEDRIC: (notices cruel glint in Kristina's eyes) Kristina...? AMY NO!
(It is too late, Amy has already drank from the bottle)
AMY: What?
CEDRIC: KRISTINA!

The woods. Present day

SCARLETT: What was in the bottle? Not poison?
CEDRIC: No. Something far worse... It was blood. The blood of our kind... It will change her... We must not let it - We must save her!
SCARLETT: Sorry - I really must get going...
CEDRIC: Scarlett - Wait!
(Scarlett suns off. Cedric looks on hopelessly)
AMY: Don't worry - she'll be back
CEDRIC: Amy!
AMY: Cedric, what have you done to me?
CEDRIC: I never meant for this to...
AMY: What did you do? Something is wrong with me - Red Bull doesn't taste good anymore... I was about to kill Scarlett earlier, I'm starving but I can't eat, I'm cold but I can't make myself warm again
CEDRIC: Amy... please, Kristina, she is jealous of you, this is her revenge, she poisoned you last night...
AMY: WHAT?!?! SHE DID WHAT? WHY?!
CEDRIC: Amy, firstly let me tell you this. I love you. I love you with all my heart, if there is a heart left inside of me, I love you with my whole soul, if a monster like me even has a soul. I have searched centuries for you... I love you and I shall not stop until I find a cure that will save you
AMY: No heart, no soul, centuries. What are you on about? Save me from what?
CEDRIC: You look in front of yourself and see an angel, but I am a demon. A cold, murderous, dangerous, vile beast. I am a... a...
HOBO: A vampire
AMY: A VAMPIRE?
CEDRIC: Go on - hate me, run in terror, save yourself, I can do no more than hurt you, put you in danger every second you stand by my side... Though, already I fear it is too late and I shall never forgive myself
AMY: You're a...
CEDRIC: And Amy... as that foul poison works its way through your delicate veins... If we cannot save you then you are one of us
AMY: I'm a vampire? YAY! (does happy dance)
CEDRIC: You don't understand - This is a curse, a plague
AMY: But Cedric I love you too, and now we can be together forever
CEDRIC: It's not like that Amy - we are monsters, murderers, animals and if I can do anything to save you from this eternal nightmare, then by all my power, I will.
AMY: Cedric...
CEDRIC: Watch (uproots tree with one hand and tosses it, then zooms at lightning speed)
AMY: I'm gonna be able to do that soon? Cool!
CEDRIC: It isn't cool - I am nothing more than a killing machine
AMY: Cedric - I love you, we can make this work...
CEDRIC: Amy... This will all be over soon, I promise you
AMY: I don't ever want to change back
CEDRIC: This shall be over soon
© Copyright 2010 AJ (marshmallowaj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668315-Vampires-and-Werewolves-and-All-That