*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668662-Peaceful-Mountain-Mornings-and-Ocean-Sun
by Rex
Rated: E · Documentary · Nature · #1668662
An explanation of the spiritual feeling you perceive when surrounded by nature.
Peaceful Mountain Mornings and Ocean Sunsets

The undeniable inspirations, of peaceful mountain mornings and ocean sunsets have been beyond explanation until now. Nature’s sacred simplicity, that free sprit feeling you feel when you are alone in creation, was recently explained to me in a legendary Native American myth.

While doing research on the “Never Summer Wilderness” in the Rockies of Colorado I discovered that the name was a translation from the Arapaho Indian language. Digging further I also came across a Native American story that captured my imagination. The story has begun to answer some of my questions about the spiritual feeling I perceive when alone and surrounded by nature. It goes something like this…

It is said that the government sent out Christian religious groups to convert the savage tribes-people. President Grant divided up the United States and proceeded to send shepherds to save the sheep; I suppose he didn’t recognize that the lost people weren’t lost or savage at all, they had their own religious shepherds and leaders that governed.

There was a good, hardworking, native brother that died; he was turned away from the gates of his ancestors “The Happy- Hunting-Ground” because he was Christian. After which he went to Heaven’s gates where he was also turned away because he was an Indian. He then found himself at the gates of Hell where he was also turned away because he was too good. With no resting place for his soul he returned to his natural home, nature, where he calls to all that will stop and listen.

Nature is where he shares his everlasting heaven without doctrine, a heaven without politics or pressure, a heaven that glorifies living and life, a heavenly place that acknowledges everyone and everything, one that can be joined whenever you wish.

When you feel lost or forgotten, you can become part of the greatest congregation ever assembled, it meets not only on Sunday, but any day your want, the meetings are held in deep canyons, high mountains, near oceans, surrounded by wind, illuminated by sun and stars, all living plants and animals are its members. There is evidence of a holy free spirit, just stop and listen and become a member of the natural world.
© Copyright 2010 Rex (rexhamilton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1668662-Peaceful-Mountain-Mornings-and-Ocean-Sun