*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669495-Thoughts-of-Goldfish
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Short Story · Death · #1669495
a short paragraph about life and death
I saw the bright lights coming towards me, like falling stars streaking across the sky. I never thought for a second that a simple 10 minute ride home, sure I was intoxicated, but it wasn’t much. This wasn’t my first attempt at such a journey. I guess the real question is why was I on the opposite side of the road, the wrong side? Was I really? Maybe it was the other guys fault, maybe he drank that little bit more then me and it’s hit fault, not mine. The oddest things will just pop into your head seconds before what could be your potential demise. Me, I thought about goldfish, which really is odd since I don’t have goldfish, maybe if I survive this I will get one, that would be keen. The light go closer, too close. I felt the vibrations going through my car as two became one, I felt the crunching steel, until it reached my legs. The blinding pain was so unbearable, I may have blacked out, but only for a second, as I felt my head fall forward, then sharply backwards, the force breaking it. All went black and I knew I was no longer living. A life wasted with an endless flow of booze and prostitutes, all for nothing, they didn’t fill the void, never marrying, forgetting my family. Did I do wrong? Of course, the second I sat myself in the front seat of this now twisted and broken wreckage, I was wrong, and what of the driver of the other car? Hopefully he did worse, maybe a child molester or maybe he beat his wife or stole from a poor widow somewhere out there, then it wouldn’t be murder it would be justice. As my organs shut down I used my last remaining thoughts to beg for forgiveness, beg for one more chance to ……….

I awoke to find that my blankets were soaking wet from perspiration. It was all a dream this time. Was it all a dream or did some other force save me this time?
© Copyright 2010 GreenHornet55 (jasonjames55 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1669495-Thoughts-of-Goldfish