*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671309-Reaping
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1671309
Resources are scarce for everyone these days.
"They have proven quite versatile specimens. The largest organ, the skin, once removed can be stretched, dried, tanned and fashioned into protective outerwear.

"Many of the internal organs, including the liver, spleen, gall bladder and kidneys, contain vital fluids which, when extracted, may be used to formulate effective medicines, remedies and vaccines.

"The bones, so many of them fragile and delicate, can be bleached and strung into intricate jewelries such as necklaces which our females will appreciate wearing on special occasions.

"Most importantly, it has been found that several parts may be prepared for consumption in stews and other dishes. Particularly delicious are the tongue, eyes and brain. As well, the muscles are full of amino acids and other nutrients.

"Strangely, although the planet consists of over two-thirds water, the creatures are still limited to inhaling oxygen solely from air. This may represent a deficiency in their evolutionary traits, thus rendering their genes inferior for splicing with our own.

"We must gather more samples in order to finalize our research. However, I am happy to conclude that at this point in our research the inhabitants of Sector 47, Planet 3 appear to be almost ripe and ready for harvest."
© Copyright 2010 JonathanJoel (jjoel0724 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671309-Reaping