*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671918-New-Sunday
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1671918
A man experiences a very strange phenomena in a small peaceful town.
It was early in the dawn and most of townspeople were waking up. The air was chilly, and the grass was wet with the moister of fresh morning dew. The paperboy got onto his bicycle and grabbed his bag of newspaper, ready to earn his daily quarter. Housewives were making breakfast as their husbands got ready for work.
It was a quiet and peaceful town, everyone was happy, everyone was kind. There were no criminals here, and no prison, except for the small cell down by the station.
The town was surrounded by lush forest and meadows. There were birds in the park, which lay in the center of town. The bank was two blocks south of the park and just down the road, a mister Arthur J. Lenton was preparing for medium-wage day.

“Honey, I’m off to work,” exclaimed Arthur as he tightened his red and white striped tie. He grabbed his brief case, coat and coffee and kissed his wife on the cheek. As he walked to the door he realized that he had forgotten that today was Sunday. That would explain why his wife was making a perplexed stare at him. He then put down his coat and brief case by the door and walked back to the kitchen.
“Are you feeling alright, Arthur?” His wife asked taking the coffee out of his hand.
“That’s strange,” Arthur moved towards a chair and sat down in it. “I have never made this mistake before.” His wife put her hand on his shoulder.
“I think you’re just a little tired, dear,” she said trying to make him feel a little bit better. “Why I make some breakfast?”
“That’s okay, Mary. I think I should just lie down for a while.” With that, Arthur went back up stair and lay down on his bed. He remained on the top of the bed and looked at the ceiling. All of a sudden he started to think differently, he thought of what would happen if he had left the door and went to the bank. In this town people would always just let things go once they happened, but the thing is that things like this never happen.
Then he grabbed the blanket and covered his body in it and tried to go to sleep. However, his mind was now filled with so many new ideas. What is it like on the other side of the forest? Is there anything else in the world other than the town? What was the town’s name? He had lived here for his entire life and he had never known the name of the place in which he inhabited. He rolled over and soon found himself in a deep sleep.

After about an hour or so he woke up again and came down stairs to see if his wife had made breakfast yet. As he walked down the carpeted steps he called for his wife. There was no answer. He walked into the kitchen to see if there was any food, but there was none. He went upstairs and slipped on his shoes, and then he went to the door. He walked out and noticed that there was no paper on the doorstep. Down the street he saw that the paperboy was biking towards the park. So he followed and ended up and ended up at the large green circle that lay in the center of town. In the middle of it he saw that pretty much the entire town was gathered around something. He walked up and saw that there was a large wooden sigh sticking out of the ground. They weren’t as concerned about where it came form as they were about what it said on the small horizontal plank on the top. On it in large carved letters were the words: The Town of Lentonville.
© Copyright 2010 Apollo Rasky (eldrichgeld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671918-New-Sunday