*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671980-RaevenAssassins-continued
by Xqsnr
Rated: 18+ · Other · Fantasy · #1671980
the rest of Raeven:Assassins
Chapter 7
True Colors
NEW YORK
While Raeven and David were safely in Las Vegas Koren was busy trying to track down the location of the House of Falling Sun’s base of operation in the area. Koren was relentless in his determination, contacting the NYPD, the New York State Police, and used all of the federal connections he had. After two days he caught a break, a man from china town called him giving him the location of some strange men staying in an abandoned warehouse. Koren took a group of his most trusted men and set up a raid. Koren really had a bad feeling when he saw the symbol on the building, an upside down sun sinking into an ocean.
The warehouse was quiet and dark, to quiet. Koren and his team slowly entered the building, taking their time checking every corner and room. The tactical unit he was using quickly proceeded to the third floor where their target was supposed to be. Suddenly a shot rang out in the darkness and Koren let out a yell. Koren scanned the area but saw no one, another shot rang out and another bullet pierced Koren’s heart. “We have a sniper.” He said into his radio. Koren was shot two more times, and finally fell to the floor.
Soon he found himself surrounded by high powered rifles. Koren fought off the armed men, wondering where in the hell is men were. A flash of silver in the low light of the warehouse was followed by a piercing knife into the chest, abdomen, and spine. He was beat until he was a bloody pile on the floor.
“Enough!” the lights came on and Damiaen stepped out from the shadows. “Koren, one of my sister’s protectors. You have failed her miserably.” Koren spoke through his blood filled mouth, “I have not failed, I watched over her as a child and I have shown her the truth. She is on her way to see your grandfather.” Damiaen knelt, “Emilio isn’t my grandfather. Dante was not my father…..Akuma is my father.” Koren’s face showed the shock that he was feeling, “You lie Damiaen!” “Do I now?”
Koren struggled to breathe through his suffocating blood, “Your eyes, they are blue….that is a trait that the Irousla clan has and only them.” Damiaen laughed as he rose back to his feet, slowly walking around Koren.
“You are so predictable, just like that fool Dante. You know he was so trusting that I was his son, it almost hurt when I slit his throat and heard him cough in surprise as his most trusted man……My father…..stabbed him in the back, and ripped out his heart just to watch the last few beats before crushing it in his hands.” Koren coughed, “You sick son of b*tch!” Damiaen turned his back to Koren, “You know UNCLE….that is what your brother told me right before I ripped his head off.”
With in a half second Damiaen grabbed Koren by the neck and lifted him off the floor choking what life there was left in him, “I know your not a vampire like me, your human. Looks like Dante wasn’t the only one with a human child.” Struggling for air Koren forced out the words, “Why did you bite your mother the night she was giving birth to your sister?” “Which sister?” Damiaen asked gleefully, as he squeezed harder choking Koren and releasing him just before he passed out, “Oh by the way Koren, you know contacts does wonders.”
Damiaen removed the contacts revealing his amber colored eyes. Koren looked to his men for help as they too removed contacts from their eyes, exposing the dark evil amber colored eyes. Damiaen waved his hand and the soldiers emptied all of their clips into Koren. Damiaen walked away briskly with a smile stretched from ear to ear.

Las Vegas
David woke up and looked at the clock in his room, “12:30 am” he happily got out of bed and showered, changed clothes and headed down stairs hoping to find something to eat. He passed by a room where Emilio was watching some kind of breaking news on the television,. “What is happening Emilio?” “Koren, was just found dead in a warehouse. He was strangled and shot to death.” “I’m sorry, he was a good man. I know he must have been a very important person to you.” Emilio looked at David with tears in his eyes, “He was my son. He was human.” Emilio slowly walked away, and David felt his hurt. He suddenly didn’t feel the happy feelings he felt earlier and knew he could not talk to Emilio about marrying Raeven.
“Hey, what you doing here?” Raeven had snuck up behind him. “I was just watching the news, um Koren was killed, they found his body like 30 minutes or so ago.” “ Oh my God, are you serious?” “Yes, the news said he was strangled and shot to death.” Raeven hugged David, “ He was to smart to fall into a trap, especially something that was so telegraphed. He was lured into it, and someone in the FBI is a traitor.” “ Also Raeven, one of the soldiers was the one to find him. His name is Damiaen.”
Raeven went to find Emilio, she wanted some answers to who this Damiaen person is. David wondered around the mansion looking at all the paintings and artifacts ornately and perfectly displayed. Everything was displayed with museum quality. He wondered into what appeared to be an armory, displaying the most primitive weapons made from stone and wood all the way to the most modern and futuristic type of weapons. He took notice of some new technology ultra violet knives, cutting torches, grenades, and even ammo rounds. “I wonder why they are producing lethal rounds to vampires.” He continued looking around and noticed they even had special blades that was made with ultra violet infused into the metal.
He noticed the branding on the guns, ammo, and all of the more modern weapons. They had the Cyno Tech logo. “David, I see you found our armory.” He turned and saw Soren standing behind him, “Yes, I didn’t mean to. It was accidental, I promise.” Soren patted him on the back, “It’s quiet alright, no worries. I noticed you was admiring our newest advances in weapons.” “Yes I was, and wondering why would vampires make UV rounds?” Soren picked up one of the hand guns, “Surely you have figured out by now David, we are not the only coven, the only vampires in existence.” “That much is obvious” Soren loaded a clip into the gun, “Yeah it is, but sometimes it is the not so obvious that you should worry about.” He cocked the gun, and pointed it at David. “What are you saying Soren? Is there something I should know about you, perhaps where your allegiances lie?” “Why would you insinuate something like that?”
Soren placed a silencer on the gun, “ You know this particular suppressor actually will eliminate all noise when the weapon is fired.” “Soren, Trust me you don’t wanna do anything stupid” “Like what, shooting you. What the hell you gonna do to me if I do” “Damn it Soren, how can you betray your coven?” “Who says I am betraying mine?” He nodded his head motioning for David to turn around. David was met with a hand around his neck. He managed to whisper out, “Akuma”
“Soren, go get the old man and the girl. Now.” He bowed, “Yes my lord” Soren sprinted down the hall.
Unaware that David is in mortal danger Emilio looks over the books chronicling his family’s history. “Emilio, grandfather! I have some questions about who this Damiaen person is?” “Be still my child, hold your tongue“ “But I have to know something..” “Quiet, Raeven “ He turned a book to face her, “Look and you will see who this Damiaen is.” She quietly read the book, “Is he my brother?” “I believe so, yes”
Raeven stood motionless as images ran through her mind, she saw Akuma holding David by the throat. “David is in trouble, Emilio” She turned to leave the study as Soren ran in, out of breathe he said, “I I I just saw Aku Akuma, He somehow got into the house. I was talking to David in the armory and then He was there, I ran to get help and Akuma was holding David…” Raeven butted in, “He was holding him by the throat.” Emilio ordered Soren to go get some soldiers men and get ready to run a rescue attempt.
“They are not here at the mansion anymore, they are in the city. On top of a building, a hotel I think” “Raeven how do you know that, for sure.” Raeven stared at Emilio, “I bit and tore off part of Akuma’s neck when they attacked the train.” “You tasted his blood?” “Yes, is that bad” Emilio examined her eyes, “How long ago did that happen?” “Nearly one day ago.” Emilio seemed amazed, “His blood hasn’t affected you, normally if one of us bites one from another clan the blood turns us into one of them, but not you. It seems that you only have some of his feelings and can see glimpses of his mind.”
Soren returned with blood on his clothes, “It appears that our soldiers have all been slaughtered, by our own weapons” Emilio ran toward the door, Soren right behind him and Raeven behind him. As they were running down the hall Raeven heard a gun click and the bullet enter the chamber, she saw Soren’s arm move. She jumped forward, grabbed Soren’s arm and turned it back to him placing his gun under his chin right before he pulled the trigger. The top back part of Soren’s head blew to pieces, scattering blood and brain matter on the ceiling, walls, and floor. Unaware Emilio turned at the sound of the gun, “What are you doing Raeven!” “He was going to kill you, I stopped him.” “Why would he want to kill me?” Raeven knelt down and examined the body, “Look, what is the wrong with his eyes?” Emilio looked, “I don’t know, two different colors. You think he was bitten?” Raeven got a closer look, using her knowledge of CSI she noticed a small thin film on the eye. Pulling the film of she said, “Contacts.” After she removed the film Soren’s eyes was a dim amber color, like a dying ember from a fire. “Emilio, I think I can only trust you now and you me.” Emilio nodded in agreement, “We must go now child if we are to save David.”
Raeven took a few drops of Soren’s blood and placed it in her mouth, letting his memories come to her she searched them for a way to kill Akuma. She rose from the floor and headed to the armory.

Chapter 8
Bright lights and Blood
As Raeven began pulling out of the garage her cell phone rang, she pressed the blue tooth button on the steering wheel. “David, are you ok?” “This isn’t David, b*tch. You know what I want, now you have to choose to give it to me or make me take everything that is dear to you.” “F*ck you, you Son of a B*tch! I swear to God I will kill YOU!” “Go right ahead and try Raeven.” then the line went dead. Raeven and Emilio was at least thirty-five minutes from the heart of Vegas. She floored the accelerator of the trailblazer. She felt the blood rush and course through every part of her being as tears began to fall down her face. “Emilio, I can’t lose David. I love him, I want to be with him forever.” “Child do not despair, you will only loose hope of the dream you share if you doubt. I think he is a fine man, but do remember this Raeven. You are immortal and will not grow a day older, he will grow old and die.” “I know that Emilio, but isn’t that the true test of love?”
She sped through the desert night now with the Nevada state police in pursuit, “Emilio, you have any idea where he may have taken David?” “No, this city is the perfect place to hide…..especially in plain site.” She searched for anything that looked familiar from her vision, now being chased by the state and local police she ran through red lights and swerved around vehicles. “Emilio, what should we do? No way we are going to find them with these f*cking cops on our ass.” just at that time she heard the tires pop and the bare rims start grinding the pavement. With sparks flying from the trailblazer her and Emilio jumped from the vehicle and onto the pursuing police vehicles, disabling them. As they were surrounded by the cops with drawn weapons, Raeven searched the surrounding buildings for any familiar movement.
Against her better judgment she glanced over at Emilio and questioned him with her eyes, he nodded his agreement and she drew her guns and opened fire on the officers making sure to only injure them and not kill them. It only took her thirty seconds to take down all fifty officers, she searched the skyline and spotted the amber glow of Akuma’s eyes. He was perched high above the city atop the Aria hotel and casino. As she ran toward the hotel a cop grabbed her and tossed her into a nearby car, “Go ahead Emilio I will catch up!” The cop pulled out his cuffs as Raeven spun around and put him on the hood of the car and out of her vampiric instinct she bite his neck then ripped his head off. The SWAT truck began pulling into the square and she took off running until she got to the hotel, she jumped and started running up the building as the police below opened fire on her.
As she neared the top she focused in on Akuma, finding his location. When she reached the top of the hotel she launched herself into the air throwing her UV infused knives toward Akuma. She hit him in the back with three of them. Akuma’s skin began to burn as he pulled them out, “Nice to see you again Raeven.” his voice carried a sinister tone in the thinner air. His eyes glowed with rage as his anger fed his soul. “ I AM HERE AKUMA! IS THIS NOT WHAT YOU WANTED?!” Akuma smiled knowing he had her where he wanted her, “IS IT RAEVEN? IS THIS WHAT I WANTED?” He motioned his hand over to the center of the City Center complex, she saw David suspended upside down above the court. Akuma unsheathed his sword, holding it so that the light reflected from the blade. “Such a civilized weapon for a more civilized time.” “How can you speak of being civilized when you are such an animal?”
He walked toward her, “So you think you have me completely figured out do you?” She pulled a sword from her sheath as well as a combat knife, “Don’t I?” He swung at her, she blocked and retaliated with a strike of her own which he blocked, “I do love the fire that you fight with, just like my sweet Melissa.:”
She struck three more times in anger, all her strikes was blocked, blades were locked and Akuma kicked her back, “What the f*ck does my mother have to do with anything?” “Haha, Damiaen is your brother and I am his father…..You figure it out.” She leg swept him, putting him on his back, she jumped up and tried to stab him “You raped her! You f*cking asshole!” He blocked her stab and tossed her over his head and swiped at her with his sword, cutting her arm. “I didn’t have to rape her, we was together, she was a s*x slave of mine, after I found out she was pregnant I erased her memories. She didn’t remember who I was or anything, then she met Dante..oooo Dante, that Son of a B*tch was there and give birth to my Son and didn’t even bother to name him!” “What about my sister, Did you Father her as well?” “I couldn’t resist your mother, she was very very, mmmm tasty” “F*CK YOU!”
She lunged for Akuma, swinging her sword wildly in blind anger. Akuma blocking every single hit, and retaliating with his own. He lifted one of Raeven’s side arms and back handed her with it. He fired off one shot hitting David in the back, fired again hitting him in the chest, and fired once more splitting the rope allowing David to plunge toward the ground. She noticed Emilio diving after David as Akuma unloaded the untire clip at Emilio, she took her knife and plunged it deep into Akuma’s heart, again into his chest puncturing his lung, once into his abdomen, then into his kidney’s, one more swipe across his throat slicing it wide open. Akuma looked stunned as his skin started to burn and smolder, she un holstered her other side arm and emptied the fifteen round clip into Akuma’s chest, picking up his sword she forced it into his head before doing a spinning back kick, sending him off the far side of the building. She heard the SWAT team prepare to breach the door, she ran to the other end of the building and did a swan dive off the roof as the door blew open.
She landed with perfect form and quickly sprinted away, finding a crotch rocket nearby at a gas station. She jumped on and took off, heading back to the mansion. “Emilio would have taken David back there, I know he would.” she thought to herself as she raced through the cooling night air, enjoying the feeling of the 185 mph.
Pulling into the mansion she noticed lights on in the second floor bedroom where David had slept. Always the one to be cautious, she reloaded her side arm and quickly but carefully proceeded to the upstairs bedroom. She opened the door and saw David laying on the bed, she ran to his side and grabbed his hand, kissed him on the forehead. He managed to whisper, “I love you Raeven, I want to be with you forever. Please, turn me into what you are. I asked Emilio for your…….he said yes.” Then he passed out from the pain, she could tell that he had been beaten severely. Emilio walked into the room from the hallway, “I’m sorry my child, he is in bad shape I am doing all I can to save him.” Running to Emilio she said, “Grandpa, he wants me to change him…bite him and turn him. I don’t know what that will do to him.”
“I have already tested your blood combined with his, you will turn him into a daywalker. He would become a vampire like me, only he would not be affected by the sun.” “He just told me he asked you for my….and that you said yes. What did he asked you?” Emilio held Raeven’s face in his hands, as loving as a grandfather can. “He asked me for your hand in marriage. I know he loves you, look at the beating he took just to protect you. He was willing to die for you, I will leave you with him now my child. I will have to retire soon for daylight looms. I will return shortly, I have something for you.” Emilio walked out of the room, Reaven looked at David with tears in her eyes. Whispering, “I don’t know what to do. I love you so much David, but I don’t want you to live like them.”
“Raeven, this is what I want.” David whispered, he was in and out of consciousness. She pulled her hair back, opened her mouth and felt her fangs extend. She had tasted human blood earlier this evening and was eager to taste it again, but not like this. She lowered her head to David’s neck as she heard gunshots ring out through the mansion. She heard Emilio and someone pursuing him, running toward her room. He burst in the door, out of breath. “Raeven, you came home to us just when we really needed you. It is your time to be the ruler of this house.” She heard the owls outside and the shrieking sound of the pursuer’s pain. Emilio unsheathed a sword, the sword from her dreams, and said, “This was your father’s, use it to rebuild this house back to it’s former glory.” He extended the sword to her, she grabbed the handle. A blade came flying through Emilio’s head, when it retracted she saw Damiaen standing behind him. Emilio’s body fell to the floor as Damiaen struck out at her. She blocked every strike. “You f*cking b*tch, you killed my father.” “Guess you could say I was returning the favor, brother.”
Damiaen lunged toward her, she grabbed his arm and threw him through the stained glass window of the bedroom, into the sunlight where he burst into flames as fell to the ground. She smelled the burning flesh. David started to jerk wildly as he was going into severe shock, without a second thought Raeven sjunk her teeth into his neck, “Sleep now my love, I shall see you when the sun hides away and the moon comes to play.”
Raeven found her some more clothes, from the armory, and took a shower as she awaited the night to come. Wiping away the steam, Raeven looks into the mirror, thinking about the night before. She remembered the thick blood running down her face, looking over at her blood soaked uniform she notices the first rays of sunlight welcoming the new day. She cautiously places her hand in the sunlight, remembering her brother. The last few days seemed like a terrible nightmare. All of the bloodshed, the mayhem, and the newfound power. For her own affirmation she leaned toward the mirror and slightly opened her lips, feeling her teeth slowly moving her fingers along until she felt the longer sharper fangs.
Last night was the first time she tasted human blood in over sixty three years.
As she finished getting dressed , she heard the sound of a gun being cocked. She heard the bullet enter the chamber and she opened fire, she entered the hallway looking for the intruder. “Damn it Raeven, I have told you before not to be so jumpy.” Koren said as he stepped out from the shadows.

Gary "Xqsnr" Jackson
© Copyright 2010 Xqsnr (xqsnr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1671980-RaevenAssassins-continued