*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672295-The-rain-just-kept-falling
Rated: E · Short Story · Travel · #1672295
I prepared everything to visit the churches with great barocco artworks in Naples.
The rain just kept falling. My God, is it possible that it has been raining for 2 years? I like rain, yes, I like it. I adore to feel the spring drops falling on my skin, on my hairs. It seems to me, they live their own life in such moments. The pleasure that permeates all my soul when it happens comes from that little places where the drops of the rain touched my skin. And that cells become so incredibly happy to draw all the body into this feast.



Well, normally it's so. But now, when it rains, and rains, and rains and rains even my great love is not enough to enjoy it.



Yesterday I decided to go finally to visit Naples. All the meteorologists I listened said, it will be a sunny day today. I found the list of the churches with great barocco artworks that every educated citizen of the Region has to visit and explored the Internet to prepare everything necessary for this trip. I remained without words when I saw some of the sculptures, specially the veiled Christ. There was not a shadow of the doubt more. I have absolutely see it! The only similar sculptures I've seen in my life were the works of Michelangelo. How can they do it with marble? I've read once, Michelangelo said, he only liberates the figure from the marble.



So, I planned my trip. I created the itinerary, printed the maps, found the prices, prepared my photo-camera. I was sure the monuments will be open this day (Uuuufff, those terrible days of closure! You are never sure if you find a monument open here!) I had to learn more about those churches but I was too busy with home works. No, no, it's necessary to do, when you want to visit interesting places. If you don't do it, you leave the most important parts, always!



My friend from Germany went with her husband in Olbia. They passed an entire week there. The only places they visited were the beach not too far from the hotel, a village and a next town. When I asked her if they've seen the worldwide known and unique antique sites she was surprised. The other time they visited Sorrento even if I said to her they have to change the place because Sorrento is situating in a non very good place to stay in. She called me one day from the hotel: We pass the morning in the pool. Are there not pools in Germany, excuse me? I asked There is not a beach in Sorrento, she answered. Why you did not want to listen to me?



That is why I try to learn as more as possible before I visit places of my interest. And that is why I passed so much to plan this trip.

But the rain descended from North in the night. And it  just kept falling when I wanted to leave the house. Ah, when I will have the next possibility to enjoy that beauties?

© Copyright 2010 Liudmila (liudmila at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672295-The-rain-just-kept-falling