*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672833-Disillusionment
Rated: E · Other · Philosophy · #1672833
Some thoughts on life
There comes a point in everyone’s life in which it is realized that everything you know is not as it seems, that everything is just a dream spinning off into oblivion.  That the perfect figures in your life are really marred and dirtied.  That people who seem like they can never fall have fallen many times and will fall again because they are ordinary; they are human.  That religion is what you make it.  That many truths are lies.  That even lies cannot be trusted to be lies.  But it’s what you do with these realizations that turn the dream spinning into oblivion into your life, your reality.  Take these realizations and use them to disillusion your life, for happiness is only found in truth.  There is no money if it’s counterfeit, no love if it’s forced, no feeling of accomplishment in something you didn’t build.  Only in pure stripped down truth will complete happiness be found.  Life is what you make it, how you perceive things and how you take the realizations and do something with them.  Disillusionment.
© Copyright 2010 Rousseau (rousseau at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1672833-Disillusionment