*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673545-Summer
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Emotional · #1673545
a brief story about a summer story
Summer has its advantages thought Ram. He hated School too much and a thought of vacation is always attractive to him. For Ram, School is a place where you should put on a act of being the best pupil around. He is the topper in his class for some time now and everyone looks up to him. To deal with all those eyes on him, he should be always attentive and sincere. He gets no fun out of it and summer is the only time where he can live without any worry of eyes prying on him."i should find Priya today", thought Ram. He turned 14 recently and his attention is turning to girls slowly. Priya is a neighborhood girl with a lovely face and long flowing hair. Though Priya and Ram attend different schools, he sees her usually in the play ground. Ram always considered her a weird girl. He never understood why she and her friends always play at one corner of the ground and never dare to come to the middle of it. Now it has turned into a fascination.After finishing the cricket game he would hang around just to see them play. He sits there in one corner observing her the entire time. He can't survive a day without a glance at Priya. He considered her as his love of the life. All his dreams of turning successful involved Priya. His dream of getting rich became getting rich and marrying Priya. His dream of going to US became going to US with Priya. If you had asked him at that time whether he can live without Priya, the answer would have been a definite no. Such was his fascination about her that he could never muster enough courage to speak with her. He feared rejection. All day he used to device plans on how to approach her in the playground. But all plans simply vanish once he sees her. A mixture of fascination and cowardice over takes him.

With summer vacation almost at the end Ram decided he should talk with Priya and express his love. He got up from his computer and went around to the playground. It's 5 o Clock and Priya should be there already thought Ram. A sprint up the street and a shortcut to bypass a winding road took him to the playground. Everything was normal. He found his friends in the middle of the ground playing cricket. Some 8 yr old kids are starting out with their own cricket team in one corner of the ground. A group of girls sitting and playing some weird games. But there is one gaping whole in the playground. He felt like its empty. He felt like he was in a desert desperately trying to find the Oasis. Priya was nowhere to be seen. He sat in one corner hoping that she will come by. Little did he know that She will never appear on that ground again.
© Copyright 2010 stringsone (prask9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673545-Summer