*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673617-Book-One-The-Shadows
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1673617
We are not alone in this world, there are others out there.
Prolouge:

We are not alone. There are others among us, Shadows, they are called. They are what some might call ghosts. They cannot be seen during the day, and are mere shadows at night, thus their name. They are considered thought beings because of their lack of a physical form. They are by far the smartest living things in the universe, mainly due to the fact that they've been around since around the beginning of time.
Now do not let their names mislead you, for although they are called Shadows, they are not at all hostile, at least most of them aren’t. There are some that tend to... over think things, however, and lose sight of what is good and true. These cases are rare though, and in most cases, it happens because of a lack of intelligence in the Shadow, or fear, although certain human emotions do not translate exactly into the Shadows' emotions, and some emotions don’t translate at all.
These creatures have evolved to a point that they no longer have a need for a physical body, which gives them many advantages over other primitive organisms, like the humans. Here are just a few of those abilities: Telepathy, mind control over organisms of limited intelligence, the ability to take control of machines and house themselves inside those machines, ability to travel at the speed of light, the ability to travel to other dimensions, as well as the space between dimensions, and some of the oldest and most powerful Shadows can even control the elements, and to create and destroy energy and matter. These Shadows can form different shapes and forms from their substance, but only if they feel the need, and most times they don’t feel the need. There are generally two types of Shadows: those who mingle with primitives, and those who abstain from all contact with lesser beings.
It is because of the Shadows that there are so many religions in the human culture. Each major religion was started by a different Shadow or a group of Shadows working together. Since the dawn of intelligence among humans, there have been many Shadows who partner with certain humans, and together they can accomplish wonders and shape the world however they would like. It is this piece of information that shall lead us, finally, into our story…
© Copyright 2010 Kraahkan (kraahkan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1673617-Book-One-The-Shadows