*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674861-My-Liver-Failure
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Biographical · #1674861
this is a story of my health crisis
In February, 2001 my whole family got sick. They weren't feeling very good at all. Then they got better, and after they got better I got sick. Then I wasn't feeling good. Then about a week later I still wasn't feeling good. That same day my mom and dad went to go to the gym. After they picked me up my mom asked my dad what color I was. He said yellow. My mother called my doctor and told him that I was yellow. He said that I only had the flu and that I was going to be fine. So then she let me stay home for a little bit. Then she was wondering why I yellow. So she took me to Saint Francis hospital where my granny was working. I went to go see this nurse named Katherine. She gave me a Popsicle. A very good popsicle. I was not feeling good at all and I was so scared. (Well of course I was scared I was 7.) Then I was peeing in a cup, and it looked like coffee. And my mom was freaking out.


My mom got really scared. She and Granny took me to the emergency room. So they did all these tests on me. They used this huge needle to take blood samples. I screamed. Then they had me pee in a cup again and my mom was joking around saying coffee anyone. She was trying not to scare me. She didn’t really think it was funny. My grandmother was so scared. She looked like she was about to cry. And I was so scared and my moms eyes were red and I started to think that she had something worse. Because my eyes were yellow. And her eyes were red so it scared me a lot. They said that I had an infection in my liver but that I would be okay. They were wrong. I didn't get better.

Then I went to a different hospital called Hillcrest. They did some more tests on me. They said that there was nothing they could do. The first doctors who saw me there didn't think it was serious.They were about to send me home and I might have died if this next part didn't happen. I remember that they were about to send me home but my mom told them they had to do something! I also remember this nurse saying that I was going to go home. I remember going ballistic they had to give me a shot in the leg. I was so excited that I was going to go home. Because I didn’t want to get poked. It hurts a lot especially when your moving around going crazy.Then they got another doctor to look at me. He said I was going to die without a liver transplant.Here I am sort of facing death that day. Death was in my face This doctor I don’t know his name but he saved my life I don’t really remember much that happened but all I know is that my pastor came and visited me. He anointed me with some pregnancy gel. And he prayed for me. It was a very tough time for my mom. She couldn't take it anymore. This one doctor said, "This boy can not go home. If this boy goes home he's going to die. This boy needs to be life flown to Oklahoma City. And this boy needs to get a liver transplant right away". So they flew me out to Oklahoma City.

At Oklahoma City it was terrifying! I was wanting to go home. I asked the doctor if I was going home that same night and she said no. I was so scared that I was going to live there for the rest of my life. If God wouldn’t of healed me, that statement would have been true. They did some more tests. I looked so yellow that it looked like I put gold powder on. I stopped breathing a lot through out the night. My grandmother shook my leg, and I would start breathing again. Well at first she would call the nurse in. Then she would do it herself. Then after a while they put me a tube down my throat and put me on a machine that breathed for me. This one medicine that they gave me with coke or something. It smelled like skunk. It also tasted like it. It was so gross. Then one night I woke up, and I saw God standing at the side of my bed. Then he said by my stripes you are healed. There is nothing to worry about. You're in my arms right now. Then when I woke up after going back to sleep that morning I went to go see the sunrise with my aunt. I said look that looks like God. Then she said oh cool.I remember playing video games a lot. I remember this one time I had to go pee, and I asked my grandmother if I could use the toilet, she said you have a tube in area. I asked her will it go in she said yes it will go in the tube but it didn't. Then they took the tube out.

I was in the hospital for a week or two. I lived without a liver transplant and I think the did some more blood tests on me, and they said there are no more signs of liver failure on this little boy anymore. Well I got healed. I moved to a different room. Room five because I was getting better. Then I moved to the back. I remember my dad ordering pizza from pizza hut. We ate in this small room by my room. And then a week later I discharged from that hospital. I went home and I remember this sign saying welcome home Mason. I loved being back home. I remember going back up to the school and talking to the classmates. I just loved being home it was so nice being home. I also remember having a party. And now I am now seventeen years old healthy, and strong, and living for the LORD.
© Copyright 2010 Mikey Mou$e (michael_mason at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674861-My-Liver-Failure