*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674976-Wolfs-Heaven
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1674976
Wolves are creatures of habit, and humans need to learn from them.
Hunting through the trees, making barely a sound. My prey stands close, his scent filling my head. I single to my pack to spread out. I edge in closer, closer still; I could hear the steady thrum of his heart. My tail drops; giving the single to attack. We jump as one onto the moose as one, his heart speeds up; in fear. The kill has been made, the hunt finished, the meal served. 

After we ate our fill, we head back to the den; the night was alive with bird calls and night life. As we walk into the den, the pups whined to their mother for food.  I watch as mother regurgitates the evening meal, as the pups whined hungrily. As the night wears on; every wolf lay’s down to sleep. I stay up to make sure no trouble arises.

We wolves work as one for we are one; our lives are a simple matter of survival. We have no need for names, no need for problems; no need for anything. All we need is ourselves, our pack; and the hunt. We are hunters, we live for the hunt. We are a family, a hierarchy. I am the dominant; the others are subservient. I have the choice between wolf or man. I choose wolf.

A wolf’s heaven is not man’s heaven. All we need is the hunt, man needs glories and trophies. May man lean from the wolves, for if he doesn’t he shall perish. 



Power it lies within, or so my ancestors say. I know I must soon return to the world of man, for the dreams become more vivid each day. I can hear the call, not the call of the wild. The call of man, of mate and of home; I Had left the world of man. Now I must return. True the world has changed, but it has not changed enough for me.  When the change from man to wolf first happened to ancestors, we thought it a curse. Now I believe that it is a gift, given to us by the gods. A gift that allows us to get away from the evils of man now I must find a mate.

© Copyright 2010 Dreusilla Rose Deathstar (blackcatde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1674976-Wolfs-Heaven