*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675277-PARADOX----Chapter-59
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1675277
Adventure along the lines of National Treasure, Indiana Jones, and the DaVinci Code.
Chapter 59

May 16, 2012 – New Berlin Base – Antarctica




“We’re evacuating the base.” Hans stood in the doorway. “It’s just a precaution while the crust displacement is going on. As soon as the shift has been affected we will return to New Berlin.”

Daria halted on her way to the door and turned towards the dining area. “Where are we going, back to the villa?” She would love to leave this suite of rooms and be able to breathe in fresh air and feel the sun on her skin.

“Not exactly.” Hans smiled. “We are going to safety at our major mining camp. We will probably be there for around a year until the effects of the crust displacement have settled down. Not to worry though, the mining camp has all the conveniences you will find here. Actually, we once thought of moving our entire operation to the camp until our scientists came up with a better alternative.”

“Is there no way you can persuade my grandfather to cancel this horrendous plan?” Daria asked. “Doesn’t he realize that he will be just as infamous as history records, labeled a mass murderer and monster?”

“Unfortunately, Daria, I strongly approve of his plan.” Hans used her given name for the first time. “New Germany will spread across the world and create a perfect society. A society without war, without hunger, and a place were people can enjoy a long and fruitful existence.”

Daria didn’t mention the millions who would die, because she had brought it up over and over again without managing to change anything. “What of Doctor Stiehl and the others?”

Hans entered the room and moved to her side. “They are at this very moment preparing for their mission to thwart the plans of The Brotherhood. As soon as they accomplish that mission, they will be transported to Frija Base on Luna.”

“Luna Base?” Daria checked.

“Our mining camp.” Hans grinned. “It’s located on the far side of the moon. We call it Frija Base. In fact, even the Americans call our base, Luna.”

“You’re going to transport thousands of people to the far side of the moon?” Daria was speechless.

“Two hundred and thirty six thousand to be precise. Of course, the majority of our people have already been transferred over the past several weeks. Those remaining are directly or indirectly needed to operate and secure New Berlin Base and our scientific equipment.”

Daria could hardly believe the number. “You have that many people hiding down here beneath Antarctica?”

“Not exactly hiding. I prefer to believe they have been waiting for their time on the surface, which is now coming due.”

Daria gave Hans a coy smile. He realized immediately what was on her mind. “I’m afraid they are in quarantine,” he stated. “No one may see them or talk to them unless they have gone through a lengthy sanitation procedure. We are trying to prevent taking as many modern germs back to the past as possible. A modern germ epidemic started in the past could have devastating consequences.”

“Just one short phone call?” Daria asked. She was certain that with one call to her grandfather she would be allowed to speak with Monday. Instead, she wanted to give Hans a chance to be a gentleman for a change.

Hans pulled a phone from his pocket that resembled a cell phone and talked with someone for a few minutes then passed the phone to Daria.

Daria nervously place the phone to her ear. “Hello.”

“Daria,” Monday replied. “Are you ok, sweetheart?”

“I’ve just been told that we are evacuating to a base on the far side of the moon,” Daria blurted in one hasty breath. “When are you leaving for your mission?”

“We’re in the costume area now. They’re outfitting us with clothing to cover several periods in history. We are departing within the hour. They’ve put us through some rather rough transitioning, including showers, radiation treatments, more showers, even given us special food and vitamins to eat along with immunizations of various kinds.”

Daria turned around and walked a few paces from Hans. “I love you.”

“We will make it back safely,” Monday replied. “I love you too.”

“Don’t turn Spartan on me,” Daria demanded. “None of this coming home on your shield stuff.”

“I promise I will be carrying my shield and have it ready to use when I free you from these Nazis.”

Hans tapped her on the shoulder and held out his hand for the phone. “I have too go Monday, my nickel’s up.”

“Love you,” she heard before Hans clasped the phone shut.

“”Please follow your staff to your debarkation point within half an hour,” Hans stated. “Everything you need will be transferred to your new quarters on Luna Base. I must go now to ensure that a special mission gets under way.” He grinned knowingly and left the room.

Hans felt a slight twinge of guilt as the door closed behind him. One important point that he withheld from Daria, was the fact that Doctor Stiehl and his Team was not scheduled to return from their mission. For them, it was a one way trip.

“That was Daria.” Monday glanced at the faces of his team members. “She said they’re evacuating this base to a base located on the back side of the moon.”

“Holy Cow!” Scout yelled. “We’ve never heard of that before. You think they have the ability to do that. Wouldn’t NASA know if the Nazis had a freakin’ base on the moon?”

“NASA knows!” Dom replied. “Most major governments know there is an alien base on the far side of the moon. They just didn’t know it was a Nazi base.”

“How so?” Lofton looked at Dom with a puzzled expression.

“In 1994, the US Navy sent a satellite called Clementine to the moon to map it for two months. During that time, the satellite took almost two million images. Of those, only 170,000 images were made available to the public. The rest were classified. Why classify so many images of craters and rocks? From the images released to the public, there were many airbrushed and censored images of incredibly massive artificial structures, structures often miles in width and height. The sheer size of these structures eliminates the possibility that we built them.”

“A Naval Intelligence Officer told us that not only does an Alien Moon Base exist but the U.S. Naval Intelligence Community refers to the Base as "Luna", Henri added. “He stated that there is a huge mining operation going on there, and that is where the aliens keep their huge mother ships while the trips to Earth are made in smaller "flying saucers.”

“You’ve gotta be kiddin’! Weps stated. “None of our Astronauts saw space ships on the moon.”

“I’m afraid that isn’t exactly true either,” Dom smiled back. “The Alien base on the far side of the moon was allegedly seen and filmed by the Apollo Astronauts. A base, a mining operation using very large machines and very large alien craft were described in sighting reports. According to those unconfirmed reports, both Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969.”

“According to a former NASA employee, unnamed radio hams with their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets picked up an exchange from Apollo 11 that recorded: NASA: What's there? Mission Control calling Apollo 11... Apollo11: These "Babies" are huge, Sir! Enormous! OH MY GOD! You wouldn't believe it! I'm telling you there are other spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon watching us!”

“Why keep it a secret?” Weps asked.

Henry guffawed. “Governments don’t need a reason to keep things secret. With them that’s standard practice. We were told that the American astronauts were confronted by the aliens and told to… get the hell off the moon? The Americans complied because the aliens appeared to be one hell of a lot more powerful than them.”

“Neil Armstrong allegedly verified the presence of aliens on the moon,” Dom stated. “Supposedly he said: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!...and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.” That statement was brought out during an interview.”

“No need to verify it now,” Monday stated. “After what we’ve seen and heard, it’s obvious that the Nazis possess technology far superior to our own. Why shouldn’t they have a mining operation on the moon? It makes a lot of sense to me.”

Monday looked to his left as Hans came into view. The handsome young man had a grin on his face that spread from ear to ear. “Doctor Stiehl. Will you and your team please follow me to the ship?” He turned and strolled away without waiting for an answer.

“Ship?” I thought we were heading for a time machine?” Bones asked.

They walked down a long corridor and came to a single door, dogged like a submarine hatch. A guard twisted a round wheel and opened the door. They emerged into a massive underground landing field. Around thirty yards away, men stood near one of the smaller flying saucers talking with a small group of soldiers.

“This is Flugführer Bosken.” Hans pointed to a tall German officer. Bosken was well built, around thirty years of age, and looked to be in excellent physical condition. “Herr Bosken is in command of your mission. You will obey his orders at all times. Erster Leutnant Beck and his squad of Spezielle Kommandos will assist you.” Hans did not wait for an answer. He saluted the two German officers, turned and strode off the flight line.

“Herr Doktor Stiehl, please have your team board the Fliegenkämpfer?” Flight Leader Bosken pointed at a small ramp leading into the flying machine.

Monday watched at Lieutenant Beck and his commandos boarded then nodded at his team to follow. “I thought we were heading for some kind of time machine?”

“This is the time machine!” Bosken pointed at the aircraft. “Time/Space transference must be done in space, otherwise atmospheric disturbance would destroy us. We will make our time shift then travel to predetermined coordinates for the mission.”

Monday shook his head and headed up the ramp. Despite his attempt to cover it, Monday had seen the expression of glee on Hans’ face, an expression that told Monday that there was more to this mission than scheduled.



© Copyright 2010 Oldwarrior (oldwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675277-PARADOX----Chapter-59