*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675999-Macys-Horror
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Other · #1675999
This is the beginning of a short story about a young girl who has been traumatized.
Macy’s Horror – Pt. 1



Macy sat wide-eyed at the table as her mother served the family their dinner. Her two younger brothers squirmed in their seats as they waited anxiously for their meal. Macy’s aunt Rae had recently moved in with the family after she lost her job and she noticed something very strange going on in that household. Her nephews, Morris and Marlon seemed fine but it was her neice Macy that she was worried about.



Rae sat in a chair that rested against the wall opposite the dining table and just studied Macy. She didn’t seem like the same child she knew and loved. The once bubbly young girl seemed frightened and confused and Rae was very concerned about her.



The boys were fed, bathed, and put to bed while Macy stared at her plate and played with her food. Rae followed her sister into her bedroom and started to inquire about Macy’s strange behavior but her sister dismissed her immediately. It was almost as if she were trying to hide something from her. She tried bringing up the subject again but this time her sister screamed at her and threatened to throw her into the street if she didn’t drop the subject.



Rae was convinced that there was something definitely wrong with her niece and her sister knew what it was. She decided that she would talk to Macy when they were alone and try to get to the bottom of the situation.



Meanwhile, Macy’s father ordered her to get up from the table, take a bath and go to bed. Rae watched as the child slowly got up and took what looked like painful baby steps. She walked very slowly with the same wide eyed, frightened expression on her face and Rae was furious. Rae couldn’t understand how her sister could so easily ignore her daughter’s odd behavior. It was plain to see that there was something terribly wrong, but the family went about their lives as if all was well.



Rae decided that she would take matters into her own hands. As mentioned earlier, she would talk to the child and if that didn’t work, then they would visit a doctor to find out what was going on. If her sister didn’t care enough to acknowledge that there was a problem with her own daughter, then she would acknowledge it. Macy was a child in trouble and someone needed to come to her rescue.

© Copyright 2010 Jonnigirl (jonnigrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1675999-Macys-Horror