*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676026-Eternal-Snow
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1676026
Little intro to some main characters
Chapter I
“Okay class, practice the quadratic equations that are on the board, and please hand it in on your way out.” Tanakei-sensei instructed.

Tanakei, Rei: Teacher for students at Hiroshima Academy, a private school. Rei is a half vampire and everyone knows it, he is very strict. He has short blonde hair and maroon eyes. He is very tall and hovers over us in the halls. You do not want to get on his bad side!

“Ugh…” I mumbled, deep in thought.
“Ne, ne… are you alright?” Arina asked me with concern covering her face.
I nodded. Gosh… So many people in this class seem to know what they are doing… Arrgh!! I need to ask but, I can’t ask the teacher…
“Uki… Yuki! Yuki!”
“Whoa! What-“
“You have done not a single problem from the board… What’s wrong??” She asked really worried…
Like always… She’s worried. Heh. “Well, can you help me? I don’t get this at all!”
She looked at me surprised. “Sure!” She said with the biggest smile on her face.

Hamaya, Arina: High school girl, 16 years old. She has long shoulder length blonde hair. She has blue eyes and is a half vampire. She is always Hyper and cheery and never shows a frown. I love her like my sister.

“Do you get it now? You solve the plus then the minus… Whichever comes first, and you can use a calculator to!” She talked cheerfully.
“Are you that happy I asked you to help me?” I asked a little rose tint playing on my cheeks.
“Yes! Yes I am! Hehe!” She yelled and got up and spun then she skipped down the steps to Tanakei-sensei to hand in the assignment.
“Ugh. Whatever.” I giggled inside and walked evenly to the front.

My name is Kyoumia, Yuki. I am 16 years old and in high school.  I am very ill and this day I was lucky to have come to school. I have a very weak heart. It’s horrible. I have to stay in the hospital many times a week; basically, I am saying I live there. I don’t like it. I have brown medium length hair (shoulders) and red-gray-brown eyes. I have no idea who my parents are and I am human. My best friend is Arina. She has always been there for me, and she is my only friend.

“Here you go sensei.” I said using my sweet tone, and I walked off.
“W-wait...” He grabbed my arm lightly. “Yuki, how are you feeling?”
They all ask this; they say the same thing over and over. Ugh! They always carry a worried expression when they see me.
“Tanakei-sensei, I am doing fine.  I know this because I m at school today.” I laughed a little. I use the same answer a lot. I guess I have to come up with a new one soon. Hehe. I walked out of the classroom and stared out the window.
“Yuki!!! Yuki!” Arina called.
“Hey, Arina”
“Do you want to walk around the garden a little? We have time before next session!”
“Arina! It’s snowing!”
“So… We can wear jackets…” She said with a pouty face
“Hahaha! Oh, aright!” We laughed, together. Wow, I haven’t laughed like that in a while, it feels good to get out of my shell…
“WOW!” Arina ran into the garden and spun around with her arms open. “It’s beautiful!”
“Hehe,” I ran up and jumped on her, of course she didn’t fall. “Yes, yes it is… Arina!”
“Yeah…”
“I wish I wasn’t sick… I wish I could stay with you forever and be friends forever!” I started to cry so I got off of her.
“Ah!!! Yuki!! Don’t cry!!! Your tears will freeze!!!” She freaked.
“Ahahahaha!!” I laughed so hard I couldn’t stop crying. “How can you, Arina, be a half vampire? You freak out so easily! Haha!”
“Yuki!!!” She covered my laughing mouth.
“S-sorry” I told her through my laugh.
“Let’s get back to class.”
“Okay, but hey. You got to admit that was fun!” I put my arm through hers. “I haven’t laughed like that since I last came here! And, all that is thanks to you!” I giggled. “Thank you!”
“Hehe, yeah.” She laughed.
I absolutely love Arina! She is half vampire, and I am in love with vampires. I am also jealous of their long lives… It’s sad… I know because I will die before Arina… And that will lead her to be sad… That’s why I want to live eternal! So I could make her eternal and we could live forever. But, I think I need to tell her that I am going to be admitted out of living in the hospital. But, that will also lead her to believe I am getting better. I am only getting out of the hospital because the doctors think I am going to be fine, as long as I don’t get my heart rate up more than normal. I will be fine then… But, I have to go in everyday after school… Even on weekends and holidays. I am thinking too much. I will just tell her after the session.




Chapter II
“Okay students. We have a new arrival to our sessions. Please let him introduce himself.” Tanakei-sensei spoke and moved out of the way, I saw a very handsome boy there looking around the age of 16 and very mysterious. I looked at Arina giving her the OMG-he-is-such-a-prep-and-a-I’m-all-that-kinda-guy Look, and she and I giggled to our selves.
“Hello, everyone. My name is Izumi Hakashiki. I am 16 years old and I moved here from Okinawa, I am very pleased to meet you.”

Hakashiki, Izumi. Male, 16 years. He is a pure blooded vampire but nobody knows that of him. He is quiet and always alone. Wears this weird ring and seems to take an interest in a few activities such as: painting, drawing, writing, and walking around.

“Izumi, you can sit up there next to Kyoumia, Yuki.”
“Ara…” I lifted my head up. “Did someone say my name…?”
“Yuki, stand up” Tanakei-sensei ordered. I followed. “That is Yuki; you are her neighbor from now on. Please take your seat.”
“Yes, thank you.” He headed up to me. “Hello… I’m Izumi”
“H-hello. Yuki… Yuki Kyoumia…” I bowed a little.
Out of nowhere Arina jumped on my shoulder and said. “Hiya, I’m Arina Hamaya! Be gentle with my friend!! Hehe”
“A-arina!!!” I yelled face flushed.
“Heh.” Izumi smirked and sat down, so did we and session started again.
Oh, my, gosh! For some reason, I think I am in love with the new kid! He smells amazing and is so cool! He also sits next to me so I can see him everyday. Wait… Never mind… Some days I might be too sick… Sad… Wahh!! I want to cry now…
The school bell rang throughout.
“Ah! Schools out!! Yes!” Arina stretched! “Today has been, amazing! Right Yuki!?” She spoke as walking out of the school. “Eh? YUKI!?” She lost her.

I sighed while staring up at the light falling snow. “So beautiful…” I whispered.  I started to sing a song, a lullaby my grandmother sang to me on the day she died… This happened to be my birthday, when I turned five. The snow fell upon my face and melted as the heat struck. I closed my eyes, listening to the humming of my voice and the silence I might face for the rest of my life…
“Aren’t you cold?” A voice came from behind. I jumped up and I turned around and slipped on some ice under the snow.
“Waa!!~” I didn’t fall though, he caught me. The mysterious person… Izumi. “Thank… Thank you…”
“No problem, be careful.” He whispered and set my down on the bench. He sounded so beautiful.
“I’m sorry about my friend in session… She was a bit stra-“I coughed and fell on the ground, clenching my chest.
“Ah! What’s wrong!?” He yelled.
“Take me to the hospital! Quickly, my heart!!” I yelled while coughing and sweating. He picked me up and ran there like a normal human would run.

THE HOSPITAL

“Doctor, will she be alright?” Izumi asked.
“Yes, she will be fine; she just shouldn’t push herself much, or get her heart rate up.” The doctor said.

Doctor Leanne, 34 year old female. She is the personal doctor of Yuki Kyoumia. A cardiovascular specialist. She analyzes Yuki to see how she is doing and what her heart rate is. She is like a mother to Yuki.

The EKG, also known as Electrocardiogram was beeping normally to her heart rate. Dr. Leanne and Izumi could hear it perfectly, while talking about me and my condition. They didn’t know that I could hear them talking…
Fools.
I was lying in my normal room with metal electrodes with sticky pads attached to my ankles, chest, back, neck, arms, and wrists. I had a breathing mask over my face and I sounded like Darth Vader…  I was also wearing a robe.
Me being covered up in a robe and set on my bed in the hospital; I never said I hated it. I am used to everything they do… I think I might even die here, but before that, I need to see my parents’ grave and tell them how lucky I was to live a life like this. It is going to be a while I think though.
The door to my room slid open, I saw three people, Dr. Leanne, Arina and Izumi. I stared at them, mostly at Izumi. I wasn’t mad at him for putting me in here. I was actually happy because, he was the one who did it.
“Yuki, you have some visitors.” Dr. Leanne spoke softly, and turned around to tell them something, I was unable to hear. She left the room, also leaving Arina looking worried but, when my eyes traveled to Izumi, he just started.
I think I hurt him, by him bringing me here.
“Yuki, are you alright?” Izumi spoke softly with his broad voice.
I nodded. My eyes then drifted to Arina.
“Yuki… Why didn’t you say anything?” She cried. “’You’re heart rate should not go up…? That’s just impossible!” Tears ran down my face.
I hurt her. Really bad this time…
She turned around and said with her back to me, “Please tell me next time… Okay, Yuki?” and she walked away. Izumi, on the other hand just stood there. I felt alone.
He walked up to me and sat on the stool next to the bed.
“Yuki,” He looked away for a second, “why don’t you tell your best friend some things that are very important?” he them met my eyes.
I never noticed his eyes before now, a deep red. His eyes are… desirable. I want them, they compliment his strong features. His dark hair; gently floating by his eyes, and neck it looks so soft. His Ivory skin seems like and all too perfect dream.
I sat up and removed the mask. I don’t say things, because she wouldn’t treat me the same. I don’t want that. I want Arina to be herself, her hyper active, over achieving best friend. I don’t want her to act different around me, someone who has to be calm.” I looked out the window of my room; snow was falling, and melting on the ground. “The snow outside,” I pointed. “Is like me. My name, Yuki, means snow. The weather outside is describing how I feel, and what will happen. When the time comes for me to fall, all the way to the ground, I will melt from the face of this earth. Arina will be very sad, for the next thousand years, because I will not be with her. I am mortal, after all.”
I looked over and he was standing up now.
“Yuki…” He mumbled.
“Izumi.” I said. “I most likely will be in here all night, so I most likely will not be at school, please ask Arina to come after. I need to talk to her.”
“Okay. Please excuse me then.” He bowed a little and left the room silently.
I listened to his foot steps down the hall, and once I couldn’t hear them I got out of bed and walked over to the window. I stared out the window for a bit looking at the falling snow. It was peaceful yet sad…
Ah, mother, father... Can you see me…? What I am going through. Once I am out of the hospital I am going to go to our family’s house. I need to find something. Is it alright? I need to search for things about my past; I can’t remember anything from when I was 7. Something happened didn’t it? Grandmother said that you guys died in a car accident, but I heard other. Grandmother, now that I think of it was also, pale, and skinny like Arina… Could she be a vampire too? If so that means… My parents… I need to find out.
I walked back to my bed and lay down. I took a deep breath in and out and slowly drifted to sleep.


Unaware of anything, during my sleep, Izumi walked back to the hospital and snuck in.  He came to my room and sat at the stool.
“Yuki…” He whispered, and I stirred, dreaming of mother and father, and what secrets they hid from me. He took his hand and gently caressed my cheek. “I sense something different from you than other mortals I met in my time, even mortals in the same condition as you. I feel as though, you have something hidden from everyone, even yourself. I need to know.” He stayed there the whole night as I was sleeping and then disappeared in mornings awake.

THE MORNING

I got up to the sun shining in my eyes. Dr. Leanne then came and knocked on my door.
“Yuki? Are you up?”
“Yes.”
“May I come in?”
“Yes.”
“Please excuse me.” She said and slipped in. “Your heath is tip top. I will admit you out of the hospital.” She was looking at the EKG and scribbling the information in her black book.
“Um… Dr. Leanne?” I asked. “May I go and visit, my grandfather? I feel that there is something wrong.”
“Yuki, you know about your con-“ I cut her off.
“Visiting my grandparents won’t hurt my condition. How would I get my heart rate up?” I begged. “This should be fine… Please? They don’t know about anything and I need to inform them and I want to hear about my real parents.” I looked out the window. “Please…”
Dr. Leanne sighed and looked at the data from the past few months. “Okay.” She said. “You may go. But, you have to call me before you leave, when you are on the train, when you get off, when you arrive at your grandfather’s place, when you eat there, and when you know you will be back, and get on, middle, off, etc.” She looked at me. “Got it?”
I nodded and smiled at her.

FIRST HALF OF SESSIONS

I walk in the room. Everyone’s eyes at me, even Arina’s. I bet there all surprised I came back to school. The next day. Heh. Jerks. Anyway, math is first session. And then we have language. Then I get to leave, because of my family trip. Heh. Suckers.
“Okay students take your seats.” Tanakei-sensei said as his eyes lightened over my sight. I walked up to Arina and sat down.
“Arina, I am sorry about yesterday… Please forgive me. I just didn’t want you to worry. That’s all.” I whispered not looking at her.
“Y-yuki…” She teared. “Okay! I forgive you.” We giggled secretly and went back to class.

“Everyone did great on the homework assignment and our class scores ha-“ Tanakei-sensei was interrupted by Izumi. Who was late…
“Ah… Tanakei-sensei… May I speak with you?” Izumi said, averting his eyes.
“Ah! Izumi. Nice of you to join us.” He spoke out. “Yes you may.” He walked off into the hall.
“Arina! I have something to tell you!” I said.
“What?”
“I am going back to Hokkaido. To see my grandfather! Dr. Leanne gave me permission!” She giggled.
“Really!? That is amazing! Can I come?” She begged.
“Nope. Haha. This is my family trip. The hospital is providing me the money!” I said proudly.
“Aw… Okay…” She pouted again.
“Won’t work on me! Arina, I know that you want to go but I really want to go alone. Besides I have to check in the hospital every hour… So it seems.”
“Oh, alright.” Arina mumbled. I was laughing.
“Hey.” A voice called and I spun around. It was him. “What’s going on?” Izumi mumbled like always.
“IZUMI! Thanks for coming- no bringing me to the hospital.” I blushed and shook my head, erasing the embarrassment. I sat down and the Language session started.
“No problem, you weren’t heavy.” He said, while smirking.
I giggled again and looked down.

AFTER LANGUAGE SESSION

“Well, I will be going now.” I bowed.
“Where?” Izumi asked.
“To Hokkaido. Of course.” I giggled., and jumped down the steps. “Whoa!!” I screamed and I tripped over someone’s foot. “Oh no!”
Huh? I didn’t hit the floor? Did I die? I looked up.
“You okay?”
“Y-yeah…” I stuttered, face red with surprise.
“Good, now. Let’s get you home.” Izumi said.
“I-Izumi!?”
“Yes?”
What do I do? What do I do? Ugh!  “Nothing.” I mumbled.
“Okay.”

We walked on, him carrying me in his arms. My face was hot.
“U-um… Take a right.” I mumbled.
“What? I can’t hear you…” He played.
“Humph.”
“Heh.” He chuckled. “Is this is?” He stopped.
“Yes. You can put me down now… It’s pretty embarrassing that you already are carrying me but, putting your hand… By my butt to keep the skirt up… People probably thought we were a couple… I mean that was… Never mind.” I shut up. I mean, I didn’t want him to know what I exactly thought! It’s embarrassing! 
“No. I don’t feel like it.” He looked away.
“Ah…” My face went extremely red. He walked into my house, never letting me free. He sat down on a chair and set me on his lap. I shifted. Uncomfortable… I put my hand over his eyes and put one leg on each side of his lap and sat there with him. I never moved my hand. I rested my head on his shoulder and my hand slumped to my lap. I could feel his hot, sensational breath on my neck. I kept repeating to myself, must not get heart rate up… Must not!
Out of nowhere he puts his hand gently on my hips. My face was extremely red. I took deep breaths to calm myself.
I could also feel his deep breaths; they were the kind that helped you fall asleep when you couldn’t. I wanted to sleep right now, in Izumi’s arms. I know I just met him, but it feels like I could have known him forever but never see this side.
I lifted my head and looked at him.
“S-sorry…” I said, and got off of him. I went to my closet and got a duffle bag, my medium length hair fell over my face, and I peeked at him thought the strands. He was sitting in the chair still. His eyes were closed. He looked so peaceful. I shook my head and walked to my mahogany dresser. One by one, I pulled out clothes. I am packing for my trip. I can’t wait to find out everything.
“Ah…” I mumbled. I yawned, and rubbed my eyes. All of a sudden he was behind me, his hands on my waist; I was hung over, almost touching my toes, he wrapped his right arm around my stomach and lifted my back up.
He bent down, not his knees his back, he was a little above ninety degrees. Izumi was very tall, I liked it. Hehe. Iumi then wrapped his long muscular arms around me and pulled me close to him. I took deep breaths trying to calm myself. It worked. I felt his breath next to my ear.
He whispered. “You need sleep.”
“No I don’t.” I argued.
He then picked me up and carried me to the bed, he got in and then pulled me in.
“Whoa!!” I yelled. “What are you doing!?”
“You won’t go to bed so I have to force you.” He said in a clam tone like this situation was nothing.
“Whatever.” I mumbled as he pulled me close to him and snuggled into my curves. I was happy. I was happy that he was here with me. As long as he is here… I don’t mind… Pain… I drifted into sleep.









Chapter III
I stirred and rolled over, my eyes opened as I felt a heat that I haven’t before. Izumi was with me, his arms around me and my hands on his chest. He was so warm. I moved a bit closer to him. I gazed at his face, he looked so gentle. Subconsciously I put my hand on his face, and he stirred. I drifted, in and out. His breathing made me relax. I was calm. I fell back into my sleep, with his arms around me.

I felt a cold, open area. Someone was once here, was it a dream? No. I curled up into a ball, wrapped my arms around my legs and lay there. The cold connected to me, and I shivered. Out of nowhere, I heard footsteps from the other room, they were approaching swiftly. Fully under the blankets, I pulled my knees closer to my chest and dug my head low. Heat touched the blanket. I flinched, he pulled the covers over me and wrapped his large arms around me. I put my hands on his arms.
“Izumi?”
“Yes?”
“Um… What are you doing?”
“I don’t know. I think I just wanted to surprise you. Did it work?” He chuckled.
“Yes! It did!” I looked away. He let go. An awkward silence hung over our heads.
"Well, you can go home now... I better get going to my grandmothers." I broke the atmosphere. I giggled inside my head, hoping that he would catch on to my words in-between. He didn't.
"Oh. Okay. Good luck, and be careful." He walked out of the room; I evenly walked to my duffel bag and looked at the emptiness. I grabbed a couple outfits, my converse, bathing suit, toothbrush, hairbrush, diary, candles and matches, and my cell phone. I just got one. Its a slide up phone, black, outer touch screen. I also have a charm on it; a gold key with light blue beads. I opened it up to see if I have any missed calls or messages, none. I closed my phone and put it in the outer pocket of my duffel.
"I guess I really am leaving tonight... Hehe." I laughed slightly. I shook my head, getting rid or disapproving thoughts about my trip. This has to happen for me to find out about my parents. I grabbed my brown scarf, tan hat, and my black, large button-up jacket(it had no hood, just a high collar and it was waist-length) and walked out the door.

TWO HOURS LATER

I arrived at the train station, with my tickets in hand I looked around and waited for the train to arrive. I closed my eyes and without notice my hair flung sideways as the train zoomed to a stop. My eyes wide and my face red, I waited aside as I saw all shapes and sizes of people pass by me. They looked at me with a weird look, of course these people are probably daily people who pass by here, and they would be astonished to see and outside wait here. Not that I am an outsider, I just never get out. I laughed.

Once everyone got off the train, I let others board first. Then I got on. I sat at an open seat; I guess not a lot of people come here in the late afternoon.
"Oh!' I said, and I got out my phone to dial the hospitals number.
"Hello, Heartland hospital, Akito Masuyama speaking. How may I help you?" The other side of the line answered.
"Ah, yes, may I speak to Dr. Leanne."
"May I ask whose calling?"
"Kyoumia, Yuki."
"Ah! Kyoumia! Dr. Leanne is expecting your call; I'll direct you to her room."
-Beep beep beep beep-
"Hello."
"Dr. Leanne?"
"Ah, Yuki! How is your trip?"
"I am on the train, I just boarded and I will be in Hokkaido in a few hours."
"Now now, don't get your heart rate up. Remember. It is very dangerous for you..." She said sternly.
"Yes, I know. I will be very careful.' I yawned.
"Okay, Yuki, get some sleep now. Okay?"
"Okay... bye, bye"
"Rest well, and don't forget to call once you are off the train. I don't want you to get hurt." She said and hung up after being satisfied with my tired 'okay I will'. I took off my scarf and my jacket and set them on my duffel bag in the next seat. I stifled a yawn and slightly rubbed my eyes and looked at the window, already night.
[5 hours till' Hokkaido] The feminine voice announced. I looked around seeing children and parents napping together. I smiled a smile full of envy. I yawned once more as it grew quieter, and soon fell into a deep rest.

[Welcome to Hokkaido; arrival time-5 minutes] I woke to the voice over the intercom. I silently yawned and wiped the sleep out of my eyes. I looked out of the window; the dim light of dawn playing over the horizon. The clouds, a grey-blue, added a peaceful feeling to the outside world. Ranches were planted on the horizon, far back from the tracks-to reduce the noise I guess. I could see small trees and hills in the background. I smiled and looked down in my lap, staring at my pale hands. I rubbed them against my legs, slightly, trying to reduce the nervous sweat. I would travel to my grandmother’s ranch and learn about my history, I can't wait to see what secrets my elders hold deep in their hearts and mind.
"Child, get your jacket on." The lady-my guess a single mother- a few seats down spoke to her child, a little too loud.
I looked back at my hands, and the train screeched to a stop. I got up calmly and put on my jacket and hat and wrapped my neck in my scarf, picked up my duffle bag and headed to the line of people by the doors. When I got off there was a slight chill-pinching roses on my cheeks- I turned around to look at the train, gobbling up people one by one or two by two. If you stare at it long enough, the train seems to actually eat them. The lady I heard before called out, just as the doors shut. The trained moaned and soon was moving past me, till it was gone. The sun quickly met my eyes, making my squint against the sudden burst of light. A few moments past and I was able to see the sunrise; the clouds a grey-blue, the moon-peaking through the clouds-a grey-white shine, the clouds closer to the sun however, were more radiant-Colored light violet, red, orange. The sun; a golden yellow rested on the horizon. The sun rays leaped across the sky, creating a painting to remember. 

© Copyright 2010 Paige Powell (ppowell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676026-Eternal-Snow