*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676291-Once-in-Silence
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1676291
One's thoughts at a pivotal point.
         This is wrong. I shouldn't be here, not like this. I've had six shots too many, and I just called you by the name that only he is allowed to use. You were supposed to drive me home, Jenny.

         Don't tell me you're afraid to leave me alone. Alcohol poisoning wouldn't the worst way to go, and right now I'm afraid to be near you. You know I'm still two shots short of what would make me be sick. I spent four years of college drinking with the two of you. Will you not even have the decency to sit across the room? Your strawberry blonde curls are much too close for comfort, and God help us all if you should actually touch me.

         Oh, Jenny, please. Don't suggest that I take my cell phone or anything else out of my pants. Right now, I really do need to sleep with my house key digging into the side of my leg. Jenny, don't try to help me... Oh. Oh no. Please don't do this.



         I don't understand, Jenny. You're completely sober, and I don't understand why he isn't home. Please don't make me lose control, Jenny, it's taken every ounce of willpower to keep my hands off of you all night -- every night, every day I've known you -- Don't make me fail now. God, I love him as much as I love you. I want you so much, but I can't do this. You've been together nine years, you *married him* for Christ's sake, don't make me screw it up. He's the best friend I will ever hope to have. Please, when I open my eyes, don't be on this couch anymore.



         Oh God, Jenny. Don't kiss me. I won't be able to face Arthur in the morning.

© Copyright 2010 PetraSotari (petrasotari at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676291-Once-in-Silence