*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677332-AUTISM
Rated: E · Article · Health · #1677332
What is this Autism?
The word Autism as a diagnosis is one that strikes fear in the heart of parents.

What is this Autism? It’s a disorder that deals with how one's brain develops is called autism. The child suffering from autism, their brain has difficulties interpreting certain things. A normal human being has a sense and understanding to lots of things, they can feel, smell, have emotions etc. If your brain does not help you understand all this then it is difficult for the person to be a part of the social world and the society. Autism has various levels of severity; it can be categorized according to the degree in which it functions: high, medium, or low.
Autism is comprised of spectrum of symptoms and not one symptom disorder as it is believed by most of the people. Some of the problem areas involve socialization, communication skills, lowered areas of interest and commonly repetitive behaviors like flapping hands, speaking the same word over and over again, playing with one toy only and even temper tantrums.

People with autism detest changes. As they become older, it is important for them to have the security of knowing the time and date of events. Any changes in menus are abhorred. Autistic individuals are very sensitive about their environment, such as dislike for any changes in layout or furniture. In autistic children self inflicted injuries are not uncommon and actually it is one third of these children who are quite used to this type of behavior. Certain children with autism (called autistic savants) exhibit extremely high levels of ability in several areas of knowledge and art or memory.

The cause of autism has yet not known, though it is believed that every 1 child in 200 children ought to be effected by this disease. The doctors and scientists believe that one cause of autism could be genetic, but still what causes this is yet to be discovered.

Presently there is no cure for autism. Doctors, with their advance research have helped improve functioning capacity of autistic people. Some individual may function at a normal level; however those with more severe autism might require help throughout their life.

© Copyright 2010 shazneen (shazneen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677332-AUTISM