*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677412-Take-Two-Cookies
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Family · #1677412
A short, humorous memoir of recovering.
I was in the third grade when hospitalized for a week with pneumonia. Upon my release, the doctor recommended milk shakes to help strengthen my body. Though I didn't have any problem with the daily regimen of a milk shake, my grandmother, who lived upstairs, said she felt I needed something stronger. The following day she called for me to come up stairs. As always, the aroma of baked goods filled the hallway to her apartment. Once inside, she sat me down at the kitchen table with a glass of milk and two chocolate-chip cookies with raisins and walnuts. She promised that if I took two cookies a day with a glass of milk I'd be feeling better in no time. Sixty years later, whenever I have some minor aches and pains or if I'm just down in the dumps, I take two chocolate-chip cookies with a glass of cold milk, and it still works.
© Copyright 2010 Mel Thomas (ooma416982 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677412-Take-Two-Cookies