*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677624-Never-to-be-Remembered-Again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #1677624
Sharing memories that will inevitably end up collecting dust,never to be remembered again.
It's coming to an end.

She is glad but she doesn't want to admit it. Instead she wanders around the grounds aimlessly avoiding the hoards of people packing and repacking their stuff, exchanging teary and pitiful goodbyes.

Don't they understand? It isn't the end. It's the beginning.

After they leave this place, they are free. They will no longer have to conform to the rules and restrictions this place has set upon them.

Sure they probably won't ever see each other again, but in time she's sure that all these so called 'friends' will just be another memory collecting dust in the back of their minds, never to be remembered again. It's inevitable.

Her hands are roughly shoved into the huge pockets of her dress and she's kicking the pebbles by the ornate fountain in the courtyard, she laughs a little to herself; the place always had been a little too dressed up for her taste. She felt as though she was in a palace rather than a learning environment.

Nostalgia settles over her and she's not pleased. It was the one feeling she had been trying to avoid and yet, it had found her regardless. No doubt she was glad to escape but something inside her was going to miss the quiet moments alone in the courtyard or by the stream under the large willow tree. This place has been her home for the past four years and leaving it is surely going to be difficult.

She hears the shuffle of footsteps behind her and a shy yet impossibly handsome boy, dressed in slacks,a tie and italian leather shoes has seemily appeared from nowhere. Sighing she walks back to him, noting the worried expression on his face, grabs his hand and leads him up to the fountain.

"I thought I'd find you here. I never really pegged you one for emotional farewells. So you're back at my little sanctuary?" He said nodding towards the founstain

"Your sanctuary? If can remember correctly, I was the one who suggested even sitting here!" She says raising an eyebrow at the beautiful boy stood next to her.

"Semantics, Beth." He sighs. "So really, you're going to miss this place?" He says after noting the longing in her eyes as her eyes swept the surroundings.

She doesn't reply, just holds on to his hand tighter. Fourteen years they spent together and not even in their last four years, spent side by side, do they get their chance once. And now she's knows that it was never meant to be because Aaron Vanderbilt is the guy every girl wanted; who is she to even want a chance? He's perfect and she's not. She realizes that now and instead of grieving and cherishing their last moments together she does something unexpected: even for her free spirited self.

She flings her ridiculously expensive pumps to the side and spontaneously jumps into the fountain, wading through the cold water and laughing happily with her golden hair flowing in the breeze.

"Beth! What the hell are you doing?" He shouts after looking around to see whether there are any witnesses to this madness.

"Oh shut up Vanderbilt, just because you haven't got the guts to do this..." She says, challenge hinting her voice.

Knowing that he cannot refuse a challenge she smirks and just waits for him to join her and sure enough he is removing his equally expensive italian leather shoes and rolling up the hems of his slacks after peeling the socks off his feet.

"Is that so Astor?" He says coming up behind her and pushing her under the steady flow of water coming from the statue's vase above.

Screaming Beth pants and haphazardly pushes her gold locks out of her eyes. She isn't one to back down and before they know it, they're both soaked and laughing and splashing each other in the fountain, they're stupid designer clothes ruined.

They take in each other's ragged appearance and end up in a heap of giggles on the fountain floor: they're going to be in an enormous amount of trouble, but it was worth it to have one last memory forever.

Even if that memory was going to end up in the back of their minds collecting dust, never to be remembered again.
© Copyright 2010 mishelly (mishelle12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677624-Never-to-be-Remembered-Again