*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677784-The-World-of-God-A-Trilogy-of-Books
Rated: E · Other · Religious · #1677784
Using symbolism contained within a setting to tell a story about the mind that created it.
The World of God; A Trilogy of Books

The concept: to form an interconnected nature between a mindset and the setting, and to use symbolism contained within the setting to tell a story about the mindset.

The specifics: God created the World, and through the psychology behind that creation he left fragments of his character in the form of symbolism inside the World he created. The lifeblood of the World and the lifeblood of God are also interdependently linked.

The purpose of the story: to tell a story about God through the symbolism contained within the setting that reflects his mindset.

A seemingly unrelated story about a group of characters, their relationships with one another, their mindsets, and the adversity they face from an antagonist of the story will flesh out the story set within the confines of the concept behind the story, but the emphasis will always be placed on the setting that frames the journey that the characters take itself rather than the journey itself, though at a certain point within the trilogy of books the protagonists' journey will itself be intrinsically tied to the nature of the setting. The emotions and the mindsets of the characters themselves will also be a prime emphasis.

The books will be titled as follows:

Book 1: The Slayer of God
Book 2: God is Dead
Book 3: You Shall be as Gods

Book 1 will detail a setting that reflects the mindset of the God who originally created it.

Book 2 will detail a setting where God is dead and will reflect his passing.

Book 3 will detail a setting that reflects the mindsets of the new Gods of the World.

Short excerpt:

"God did not create the light because he wanted his children to see. God created the light because he was afraid of the dark. He used the light as a blanket to shield his eyes from that which he feared. Notice how the Sun, his most prized possession, flees at the mere sight of darkness's approach. Notice how the sky, his most colourful painting, is slowly engulfed by its presence. Notice how all plantlife cease their growth at the terrifying prospect of reaching its heights. You worship a being who would sooner flee at the sight his own shadow than give a blind man the gift of his vision."
© Copyright 2010 Xiraben (apollocloud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677784-The-World-of-God-A-Trilogy-of-Books