*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678519-social-networking-survival-guide
Rated: 13+ · Article · Internet/Web · #1678519
My June Intrepid Column: six basic rules for do-it-yourself pimping
Hey you. Rock star.

Yes you.

It isn't often that we here at Intrepid delve into making you a better whatever you want to be by actually telling you how to do it. We prefer to lead by example, sort of "do as we do, not as we say," because, frankly, we say a lot of stupid stuff.

But this time, I'm asking you to read this without a grain of salt. Tongue is out of cheek. Chains aren't being yanked.

In a nutshell: Just cool it with all the Facebook.

I'm coming at this in two ways. On the privacy front, we all know what Facebook has been up to. I even wrote a "real" column for another byline detailing the latest round of Facebook privacy concerns, and by "real" I mean the same crap I always do but with nerdier jokes.

From the promotional side, and I'm adding all social networks and media and marketing into this statement, I'm asking you to stop throwing spaghetti at the wall. Quality over quantity. Just because your social marketing campaign is DIY, it's still a campaign.

Read the entire column: http://www.intrepidmedia.com/column.asp?id=4049
© Copyright 2010 Intrepid Media (intrepidmedia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1678519-social-networking-survival-guide