*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679511-Desert-city
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1679511
The idea in mind when writing this was the Halabja gassing. The story never states this.
No words were spoken, the streets remained silent, moving around every corner came a light yellow gas. Out of the yellow smoke came men walking. Doors and windows were being shut.



A young boy sat at a kitchen table, peering out into the street. He was petrified and unknowing. His mother, a middle aged but still a very pretty lady, came racing across the dinning room, knocking over a chair that made a loud dull thud on the hardwood floor. She grabbed her beloved son under his armpits, and lifted him off the ground and pulled him close to her chest. Never fully ending her sprint, she continued running until hitting her foot on a RC car the boy had unlucky, forgot laying about. The mother twisted in the air, defending her child from the definite impact. The mother's head bounced off the floor like a deflated rubber ball leaving only reminiscence of a loud thud that seemed to last for seconds.



The boy, completely expressionless instinctively ran for help, he ran to the front door, which lie only a few meters from his mothers limp body, he opened the door. He sprinted a strides, the yellow smoke was no more than 300 meters away, behind that was a man standing facing downward, one arm extended grabbing the grip of a gun, his other hand was not more than 4 centimeters from his body on the trigger. Below him lay a man on his back, blood everywhere as his hands went wild tearing at his neck, ripping it open. The boy recognized the man. It was his own father, he recognized the beard that his father wore for as long as the boy could remember. The way his body bent slightly forwards because of back problems. And the glasses that stretched on over his fathers eyebrows to his receding hairline. Suddenly, his fathers head went bending back, the arm kicked backed violently of the man standing over the boys father. He saw little fragments, of what the boy believed to be his fathers glasses. His father's head was pushed back into the pavement, as if being held by a throwing javelin. His body formed a backwards U with his head. The man with the gun then looked over, saw the boy, raised up the gun with 1 hand and mercilessly fired 1 bullet which landed right in the boys chest and exited throughout his back.



The boy collapsed, his mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water. A man came up to his side wearing a gas mask, yelled something in a foreign language, then grabbed the boys feet and began dragging him towards the yellow smoke. Ending the young boys life.

© Copyright 2010 JCBWrite (rockscod at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679511-Desert-city