*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679587-Prologue
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1679587
This is the prologue to my book.
   



Prologue



March 1756









         The streets were busy with carriages as normal. One woman with a little girl by her side crossed the street, the girl only look as if she was only ten years old. She had long light brown hair that fell all the way down her back and reached the back of her legs. She wore a bonnet over her head, her emerald green eyes still shown through. The woman was the mother her long light blonde hair reflected the lights from the buildings surrounding her. They went to the street corner, where a pub was located. The pub was made up of black bricks and the doors and windows were red. The woman looked down at her daughter and whispered “Don’t be afraid darling, remember this is your father’s world.” The daughter just shook her head showing that she understood what her mother was telling her. They walked through the doors and the two doormen looked down sniffed and signaled to go on in.

         The pub smelled of death, men were hollering and screaming at the same time. There was blood on the floor; you could see the mangled bodies hanging from cages. The bodies were bruised and beaten. One body hanging from a cage didn’t have a foot; it was a bloody stub, the little girl while staying close to her mother tripped over something. She looked down and it was rotting flesh what looked to be the man’s foot or at least what was left of it. She wanted to gag but she just kept walking. She saw her father sitting up on a chair that was nicer than all the others. He was drinking out of a champagne glass that was filled with blood. He looked down at the woman and the little girl and said “Elizabeth, why did you come here and with her!” he yelled, pointing down at the little girl.

         “I want to take the girls away with me, Dryden!” She yelled back him tucking the young girl even closer to her.

         “You won’t take my children away from me! You can take that little rat of a Leana with you but leave my kin with me at my castle!” he bellowed back at her. Everyone stared and watched as the couple battled.

         “Leana is not a little rat; she’s my daughter and your stepdaughter. Those children have no life there at that castle. You’re never around and they’d be raised by servants that are half dead!” she said while she glared her violet eyes.

         “They will live as I want them to live! My son and true heir Holden will be there to help watch them!”

         “Your son couldn’t watch his own head if it wasn’t attached!” She bellowed back at him.

         “You should of never have come here, now I want you to take my daughter back to the castle. Pack your bags if you must, but leave my kin! NOW LEAVE!” he said pointing towards the door.

         The woman and young girl left the pub through the blood and bodies. Outside the pub the woman flagged down a carriage to take them back to the castle. The road that leads up to the castle was rocky and the castle itself was tall and dark as the night. Only people who knew where it was could get to it. The dogs started barking as the carriage pulled up, the man driving got a scared look on his face. He asked “Are you ladies sure, you want to be dropped off here?”

         The woman looked at him with a very high class look and simply said “Yes.” The woman and young girl got out of the carriage and walked up to the doors where they automatically opened for them. Two servant girls walked in and took their coats. One servant girl looked middle aged with black hair and her skin pale as snow, the other had darker features and taller. The woman and young girl walked down the great hall, the carpet was a deep dark red and the walls were almost black. There were paintings all along the walls, of people that had lived in the castle ago. They walked into the dining hall where they found a young boy in his early teens and a young girl that looked about seven. The little girl at the table looked up “Hi mommy, hi Lizzy”

         The young boy looked up and said “Elizabeth, did you go visit father?” as he gave her an almost evil look that could melt the skin off your body.

         She glared back at him “Yes, Holden I did, and what we discussed is at none of your concern.”

         “I never knew why my father chose you…stupid witch!” he said then walked off toward a hug stair case that lead up to the bedrooms.

         “I think I’ll go to bed mother” Lizzy said looking up at her mother.

         “Alright but pay no mind to your half-brother.”

         “I will not, goodnight.”

         “Goodnight my dear” as she bent down and kissed her eldest daughter on the forehead. Lizzy went up the huge staircase after her brother. At the top of the stairs she saw him looking at her.

         “Just like your stupid mother…you’re supposed to be so powerful. Father hates you; he wishes that you would have never gotten your powers.” Holden said glaring at Lizzy.

         “I always wondered why my mother let you stick around…I would of sent you to with some foreign place where they kill vampires.”

         “Father should have killed you off as soon as you were born”

         “Yes but then he wouldn’t have his little girl…he does love me and you hate that and the fact that I’m better than you. The fact that you’re the first born doesn’t mean a thing.”

         “YOU STUPID BITCH!” he yelled then his face changed and the vampire within came out. He started charging toward Lizzy, she threw up her hands and he went in the air.          “I love being a bitch.” She said laughing at him, she circled her finger in the air and went in a circle in the air. She let him crash to the floor and said “You might want to think about trying to attack me Holden, you might get hurt.” She walked down the hall to her room, she walked inside it was dark, but very earthy at the same time. She had her maid come and help her undress and get into bed. She told the maid to leave and went to sleep.

She woke up to two people yelling, she woke up a little more and figured out it was her mother and father. They were yelling about the same thing issue that made a nice scene at the pub. She walked to her door and listened in on their conversation. “YOU STUPID BITCH! How dare you go against me! I am the first vampire, I am king of kings. I rule this whole place and no one will over throw me!”

         “You know she’s more powerful than you and she’s only ten! She’ll be growing more powerful over the years and the power of four will be the most powerful witches of all time! There’s nothing you can do to stop them!”

         “I can put you out of this house! NOW LEAVE!” he said as he threw her up against the wall.          

         “Don’t worry, I’m gone.” She said and left the room went down the hall and grabbed the middle child only three years old and their stuff. She put a coat on the little girl and said “Leana honey, we’re leaving and you might not get to see your sisters for a very long time.”  The little girl just looked at her mother and nodded. They went down the stair case and down the great hallway and out the door.

         Little Elizabeth was up in bedroom she started to cry. She didn’t her mother to leave, she prayed that one day they would be together again… 

© Copyright 2010 M. Elizabeth Skidmore (mary89 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679587-Prologue