*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679742-Cache-Lesson-Three
Rated: 13+ · Assignment · Other · #1679742
Dialogue #3 & #7
Cache Lesson Three – Dialogue #3 – Conversation between two Liars



“After I sing a lullaby to my baby granddaughter, she can hum that tune for hours.” Liz sat back in her bus seat and pulled a crisp linen handkerchief from her rolled up sleeve and mopped at her upper lip.

“Oh, that is so cute. How old is the little darlin’?”

“She’s only three months old. It’s unbelievable what kids can do these days.” Liz mopped at her forehead and refolded the handkerchief before putting it back up her sleeve.

“It’s funny you should mention that, because my grandson jest started walkin’ at the age of five months. Skipped crawlin’ altogether.” The gray haired woman brought her hand to her mouth and coughed.

“My Molly said her first word when she was only three weeks old.” Liz scratched at something on her arm that looked like eczema.

The gray haired woman cleared her throat and asked, “What word did she say?”

“She said grammy. Isn’t that the cutest thing?” Liz beamed a full smile of dentures.

“How precious. My Anthony speaks in sentences when he wants somethin’. He told my son he doesn’t like carrots.” The gray haired woman rummaged around in her hefty handbag and pulled out a box of cough drops and offered it to Liz.

“No thank you,” Liz said. “Molly is learning to read nursery rhymes.”

The gray haired woman huffed. “Anthony can write his name.”

“My daughter’s pediatrician told her that Molly is a genius.” Liz looked out the bus window and grinned.

The gray haired woman thought for a moment and then asked, “How can the pediatrician know that if your granddaughter is only three months old?”

Without missing a beat, Liz replied, “Because her head is so big.”

“Well then, my Anthony is gonna be Einstein.” And with that, the gray haired woman stood up to get off the bus. “Nice talkin’ to ya.”

Before the bus doors could swoosh closed, Liz yelled to the gray haired woman, “Molly has all her teeth.” She pulled out her handkerchief and padded at the perspiration on her upper lip.

From beyond the closed doors, Liz heard, “Anthony said he loves me.”



Cache Lesson Three – Dialogue #7 – Dialogue between two genders


“Where ya goin?” Matt watched his wife grab her car keys off the kitchen table and sling her purse over her shoulder.

“Shopping.” Melanie puffed, sounding surprised at his question. “I have nothing to wear tonight.”

Matt stared at Melanie in shock. “What the hell are you talking about? You’ve got a closet full of clothes. Some with the tags still on ‘em.”

“That’s not the point – I don’t have the right outfit for tonight. I need something special.”

“What do you mean by special?” Matt crossed his arms and leaned back against the door prohibiting Melanie’s exit. “We’re merely goin to dinner with Pete and what’s her name, Inga, is it?”

“Yes, Inga with the hot bod and all of what…twelve years old.” Melanie replied.

“Twenty-five,” answered Matt, his face flushed red. “Mel, you always look beautiful. If Pete could, he’d steal you from me.” Matt did not budge from his post.

“You’re just saying that. How about just shoes?”

Matt rolled his eyes and said, “You’ve got another closet just for shoes. How many shoes do you need? I own three pair – what do you have? At least a hundred and I know you haven’t worn them all.” Matt shook his head in frustration.

“Well, there you go…come with me and we’ll get you some shoes, too.”

“I don’t need shoes, Mel. I have all I need.”

“Yeah…old man shoes.”

“No they’re not,” said Matt.

Melanie shot back, “Wingtips? Oxfords? Forrest Gump shoes? Puhlease. Geezer shoes all the way.”

Matt stepped away from the door and looked down at his Forrest Gump shoes. “You win. You can pick out my new shoes for tonight.”

Score. Melanie did a little dance.



© Copyright 2010 Endless Enigma (charmed1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679742-Cache-Lesson-Three