*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679976-Alexis-Batmin-Series-1
Rated: E · Other · Community · #1679976
Simple life
Alexis Batmin was just released out of court when her cellphone rang. She picked it up and looked at the caller ID: daddy. How dare he call after putting me in this situtation she mumbled. She was sueing some random guy for hitting her fathers truck and it did a zero damage to her fathers truck. He just wanted more money then he already had. She hadn't seen her father since she was 8 and now she was 22. He used her to win his court cases. She ignored the phone and stomped away to find her truck.

        Pulling open the truck door that needed grease she heaved herself inside and sat in the seat. She rumaged through her small brown bag and found a tissue. On the tissue was number. Instead of blowing her nose she called the number- an apartment place she wanted. Quickly she pulled out of the parking lot and headed two towns over.

      Arriving at the site she stepped out of the truck and smoothed her dress. She brushed her blond hair and stepped inside the cool air conditioned building. Two ladies were sitting at a desk laughing. "May we help you"? the ladies asked. "I want to rent a place" Alexis mumbled. The gray haired, chubby one got up. "Here, it's a book of places- "I don't need a book Ms"Alexis finished."I want a two bedroom and thats, that. She slammed a wad of cash on the table. The ladies counted it quickly and showed her to her new house.

    The aparentment was nice and spacious. She set her bag done and called her mother. She told her how she was moving out and she had her suit case already. She hung up and went outside to unpack. She hauled her suitcase to her room and unloaded her clothes and toothbrush along with a brush. No bed Alexis thought. She ran to a closet and found a old blanket. She layed it down then went back outside.

  Rushing to the store she grabbed food and blankets and went back home. She marched into her house and put more blankets down in her room for more padding. She set her pillow down and stared. Is this really the Alexis she knew?

                                                        TO BE CONTINUED



© Copyright 2010 libralover (libralover at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1679976-Alexis-Batmin-Series-1