*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680019-Kindred-Series-Blaze
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1680019
Female Guardians of Earth being persued by the Dark Ones.Enter a world of love and danger.






Fire burns. It breathes oxygen and grows .

It has brights beautiful hues of red and yellow.

Its sparks dances and jumps full of life. Fire can bring warm and supply light.

One spark can a burn and destroy it if is not cared for or contained.

A fire cannot control itself.

If left on its own , it will destroy everything in its path .

It will burn until it consumes everything.











Chapter 1



It was after midnight and the only light available was the bright shinning stars above. The Kindred family was camping out in Sequi Park in South Carolina. Blaze could not sleep. She was always bundle of energy that had to burn out. She was diagnosed with ADHD last year. The combination of medication and counseling seemed to be helping but the nights was the worst. When the world was asleep Blaze was vibrant and full of life like the stars above. Grace woke up startled , sensing that something was wrong. She rolled over and woke up her husband. She whispered “ Ben something is wrong”. Ben immediately jumped up ready to defend and protect his family. He has been on the alert since he was a child himself. His father taught him that he would always be hunted by the Dark Ones. He always knew that one day the battle would come to him.. He was a Guardian. Like his father and the fathers before him. The Dark Ones would track and try to kill him as long as he was alive. He learned that Knowledge was indeed power. The more you know about your enemy ; the better your chances are for survival. Ben has a lot to live for...his beautiful wife Emerald and his four daughters: Ruth,Crystal,Blaze and Nellie. Ben always assumed that he would have sons to pass on the traditions of the Guardians but things hardly ever turned out the way that you think. Grace checked the pallets in their family size tent and discovered Blaze was missing. Grace probed the area but did not sense any danger. She just knew that something was ..off. There was no immediate threat. Blaze must have walked off again. Ben got out of the sleeping bag, put on his hiking boots and went to look for his daughter. She was five years old but needed the most attention. She was curious , energetic, and young , a bad combination. When Ben exited the family tent he saw a campfire about a half mile away. He carefully approached the campfire and saw his daughter Blaze sitting with her back towards him. He would recognize those bright red curls anywhere. He carefully moved closer so that he would not scare her. When he stood behind Blaze he noticed that there was no campfire . There was only bright red flames bouncing form Blaze's palm and dancing in the air in front of her .There was no twigs or branches on fire anywhere in sight. There wasn't even anything to accelerate the fire. The fire was coming from Blaze. Ben could feel the waves of power surrounding his daughter. She amusing herself with the flames. Ben knew it was time for training. There has never been female Guardians in history. ..until now. There was no doubt in his mind that his daughter was the exception. He needed to see if his other daughters also contained any guardian powers. He would use the fact that they were all female to there advantage. Talk about the element of surprise. Who would expect female Guardians. But by the time the Dark Ones figured out what was going on ; their underestimation of his daughter present would cost them their lives.



Ben made the flames go higher into the sky and away from Blaze. She looked at her hands in surprise before she turned around and smiled at her dad. “ You can move fire too daddy? Wanna Play?” Ben closed his hands and all of the flames immediately disappeared except for one. Ben was able to control all of the elements : water, fire, spirit and knowledge. He responded “ No baby , it is time to go back to the campsite. Your mom is worried. You know not to wander off.” Blaze said. “ Mommy said never to have fire close to the tent without her being there. So I moved away. I just wanted to play with the fire. Next time I will take Crystal with me. She can put out fires really quickly . I was really careful Daddy, I promise.” Ben thought for a moment and asked Blaze how Crystal puts out fires. Blaze laughed and responded “ With water of course”. They walked back to their camp sight guided by a single flame . Blaze told her daddy what her sisters were able to do. How could he have missed these powers ? Then the answer came to him. He wasn't looking for powers in his daughters. He thought that only a select group of male Guardian were gifted with special powers. He should have known better. Ben sent a telepathic message to his wife that Blaze was safe with him. He also told her that Blaze had the gift of fire. Emerald mentally told her husband that she felt power from the girls but thought it was a recessive trait. She also informed Ben that she thinks that Ruth has the Sight. She is never surprised and seems to be able know what is going on without being told. Ben told his wife that the girls were not only warrior but the Anointed ones. They needed to be trained immediately. Emerald said they are too young , Nellie is only five years old. Ben replied if we do not train them to control their powers they can hurt themselves or others. They could also unintentionally bring us to the attention of the Dark Ones. Just the mention of the Dark Ones sent chills through her body.



Ben woke up bright and early to start their training. All of the girls were already dressed and ready. Ben asked them if their mother got them ready. Nellie said “ Ruth woke us up and said to get ready for training. She said to let mom sleep because she was up late last night keeping watch over Blaze.” Ben asked Ruth how did she know about the training. Ruth shrugged her shoulders and said “ I don't know, I just knew.” Ben gathered his girls together and said “ Tell me some of the things that you can do.” Nellie asked if she could go back to sleep or stay with mom because she has no gifts.” Ben said “ Your gift is to watch and learn until we can find out what your gift is.”



Ben took his girls to the lake and asked Crystal if she could swim. She said told him that she can swim and talk to the fishes. Nellie said that Crystal swims life a fish. Crystal said that the water was cold and asked Blaze to warm the water for her.





The kindred family stopped at the mall to go shopping for supplies. Nellie grabbed her dad's hand and said “ Its getting dark in her Daddy we have to leave.” Ben looked out the glass window and saw a bright sunny day. He asked Nellie where the darkness was coming from. Nellie pointed behind them towards the left. Ben scanned the area sensed evil coming from a far distance. Ben patted Nellie on the head and said “ I think we just found your gift.” Ruth said “ They don't know that we are here. They are looking for followers and scanning the area. They think it is safer in small town and away from bigger cities.” Ben asked Ruth how did she know this and she replied “ It's what they were thinking. Blend in , stay hidden and recruit others. They want to grow in number.” Emerald gathered the other children and they all headed to their Volkswagen jeep. Supplies packed and ready to go, The kindred was on the run again.

Chapter 2

New York ten years later...

“It is time to go back to my hometown La Luz , Brazil. It is time for Ruth's Awakening ceremony. Our daughters are women now and eventually leave home. Ruth wants to go to college on campus . It is just a matter of time before Crystal and Blaze want to go away to college. La Luz is the safest place for them .They have never been to my homeland. They will need to gain strength and knowledge that only our people can teach. The girls have extraordinary gifts and I have taught them all that I can. It is time .” Emerald responded that “It was not time and too dangerous to let others know about them and where they are located.” They had this arguments over and over again for the past few years. Ben wanted the girls to get to know their heritage and land . While Emerald wanted to remain in seclusion and away from any danger. Ben always relent . He wanted to give Emerald and the girls more time to get use to belonging to the Guardian clan. But this time was different. Ben contacted his brother in La Luz and made the arrangements to return home. Ben hasn't set foot on his homeland since they forbade him from marring Emerald. They wanted him to marry someone of his clan to preserve their gifts and traditions. He was promised to the daughter of his clan leader , Marisol. The match was made because he was a descendent of the scared guardians and possessor of all the elements. This made him a treasured member of the clan. His marriage to Marisol would further cement the clan. His marriage to Emerald was seen as a betrayal. Ben knew that Emerald was his destiny form first glance. He had visions of her since he was a child. But now it was time to return. When he presented his daughters to his people they will finally bless his marriage to Emerald. There was no denying that his daughters were part of their lineage.



Ben's brother Grant was the leaders of the Guardian and trained their warriors. He learned from the best , his big brother Ben. Ben was the next in line for the Guardian clan and their most powerful warrior. He taught Grant everything that he knew. Once Ben realized that his daughters possessed their gifts; he informed his brother Grant. He would periodically inform Grant of the progress of his daughters. He always made sure there was a backup plan just in case something happened to him and Emerald. His last communication with Grant was two weeks ago. That's when the arrangements were made for Grant to come and get the girls to begin their education with him.



Ruth woke up screaming. She saw the whole thing but could do nothing to prevent it. This was the same nightmare that Ruth has been having for the past two weeks. Only this time ; her mother did not come to awaken her. Ruth dreaded getting out of her bed but she knew immediately that they were gone. She had been warning them for the past few weeks not to get into their car. She knew that they would die in the car but she could not tell exactly when. Every night she cried and begged her parents not to go anywhere. Ben had a feeling that Dark Ones were coming for him and could not endanger his special daughters. Nellie's announcement that the Darkness was coming and Ruth's reoccurring nightmare only confirmed his vision. Ben woke up Emerald and said that they had to go. ,now . While they were in the car Ben called his brother Grant and told him to be on the next flight to New York to collect his daughters. Emerald called their neighbor Ms. Palmer and asked her to come and watch the girls while they went on an urgent errand. Then she went to see her girls for the last time. She left them notes under their pillows and a large box on the floor in her closet. Emerald knew that if they did not separate themselves from the girls that they too would be I danger. Her vision showed her that they were tracking her and Ben. The girls were still unknown to the Dark Ones. Their time has come to an end but the destiny of their daughters was about to begin.



Ms Palmer ran into Ruth's room and found her screaming and rocking back and forth. While she was comforting Ruth there was a knock at the door. Officer Jenkins asked to speak to someone in the Kindred family. She asked if there was something that she could do for them and informed them that she was watching the girls because their parents had an emergency call from a family member. Office Jenkins said “ I regret to inform that Mr and Mrs Kindred were caught in crossfires of a gang related war and were pronounced dead at the sight. Ms. Palmer turned around to see the girls on the steps all huddled together sobbing.



Grant was on the next flight out to New York. He had to get to his nieces before they were discovered by the authorities or the Dark Ones. He went to the address that Ben had gave him. Before he could knock on the door ; a beautiful young woman with a bright white glow around her answered the door. She had a smooth ,coffee complexion and shoulder length light brown hair pulled into a ponytail. “You must be my uncle Grant” and Grant replied that “ You must be Ruth, where are the others?” Grant looked like a sterner version of Ben. His face seemed harder and his eyes colder but there was no doubt that he was family.



Grant was confronted with four gorgeous women. Each one with a colorful glow around them. Ruth was twenty-three had a pure white glow. Blaze twenty-one had a vibrant red glow. Her twin Crystal had an electric blue glow. And the baby Nellie who was eighteen had a sunshine yellow glow. Grant could feel power coming off the women in waves. There was no doubt that these women were the Anointed Ones. Grant announced that he was now their guardian and they would be returning with him to Brazil. Ruth said “ We are grown women.We own this house and my parents had life insurance for themselves; We can stay here. Why should we go with you? Grant simply stated that “It is what your father wanted.” His statement took the fight out of anything else that she was going to say. “ Did your parents leave you with a plan or instructions to complete if anything was to ever happen to them.” Curious Nellie asked “ How did you know that ? ” Grant said “ Ben was my older brother before he became your father. He was a warrior and our best strategist. He always thought of the next move. He contacted me last night and told me to come here and take you back to Brazil immediately to complete your training.” Grant tried to read their minds but was instantly blocked and pushed back with a hard mental shove. Ruth said “ Daddy said it is rude to invade thoughts.” Grant smiled, impressed he stated that he was just testing her abilities. Nellie said “ You look like my father.” Grant nodded his head and said “ I get that a lot. Where is my brother's body?” The girls flinched at his harsh reminder of their grim situation. Ruth stepped forward and said “ Everything is taken care of . His service is tomorrow and a caretaker has been hired to keep the house up for us until we return.” Grant said “My sincere condolences. Your father will truly be missed. I will find who murdered your parents and they will be avenged.” Then he left the room.



The day of the service was supposed to be clear and sunny, but it poured the whole day. It was a hot steamy rain that reminded Grant of Brazil. He knew that it was a manifestation of the girls' powers. Instead of reprimanding them , he let them mourn. The next morning the girls woke up ,got dressed and went into the kitchen to await their Uncle Grant. They could see him through the glass door in the kitchen; he was practicing with his sword. He made a series of smooth , graceful swings that looked more like dance than combat. The girls all nodded at each other and decided to stage a surprise attack. Crystal called for a strong wind to push him off balance . Blaze surrounded him with flames and Ruth called for the sword. There was a struggle for the blade. Grant was commanding the blade to do his will but it took all of his strength. Because of his years of service as a warrior the winds and flames did not interrupt his concentration. But he appreciated the strategy; Ben taught them to work as a unit to defeat their enemies. He would have to separate them to determine their individual abilities. Ben told Grant that his daughter were guardian and being trained as such. But Ben neglected to tell him that they were the Anointed ones. One look at their complete , colorful and bright auras announced their titles and favor. Their auras were unlike any that he has ever seen or heard of in his life. His nieces were going to cause quite a stir in La Luz.



Grant now understood why it was so important to lead the Dark Ones away from his daughters. He also understood why he intrusted his daughters to his care. Life as the girls have known it will come to an end. Their childhood came to a screeching end and their duties as the Anointed ones will shortly begin. Grant said “Stop” and the winds died, the flames disappeared and his sword complied immediately. The girls definitely had control of their powers. They also knew that obedience to authority in battle was essential. He turned around to find his nieces standing at attention and waiting for orders. Grant smiled and announced “ Say your goodbyes, we leave tomorrow.”





As the jet landed Nellie asked “ Why is there so much darkness here ? Its a lot more darkness here than at home. They are scattered all around us. Grant said “ They are called the Dark Ones , and are usually very hard to track. If they start to come closer to us let me know immediately and I send out the warriors. Your gift will come in handy here. Remember , you are never alone and there is always protection.” Ruth mentally asked Grant “ Why there wasn't any protection for my family. Maybe my parents would be alive if there were warriors protecting them.” Grant responded “ I will regret that for the rest of my life . Ben refused to return home and did not want to draw attention to your by bring La Luz warriors to New York. It would have provoked a lot of questions and unwanted attention to all of you. Your father managed to keep you alive and together for the past twenty three years and I promised him to pick up where he left off.”



Everywhere they went people would look at them funny then start to whisper about them. Some of them even bowed their heads. It was quite strange. The kids would call them La Luz and touch them like they were famous stars. They decided to ask Uncle Grant what was going on when they had their morning practice. Blaze always the impatient one, immediately asked “ What are the Anointed ones and why is everyone calling us that?” Grant could feel the heat and power seeping off of Blaze. She still needed to learn how to control her emotions. As expected Crystal would step forward , grab her twin Blaze's hand to control the situation.



Grant said the “The Anointed ones are foretold as powerful warriors gifted by God to defeat the Dark Ones and lead us into the Age of Light. They are foretold to have auras bright as the stars and pulsing with power. They have full and complete auras that are connected to their spirit. They are the pure light and will bring us light. They are the ultimate Guardians and judges for the Earth. They have been foretold for the past three thousand years. Your arrival has been anticipated for a very long time.” Nellie said “ We just want them to leave us alone. We just want to be like everyone else.” Grant laughed and said “ That's not going to be possible. You can hide your presence in the US but in La Luz your auras are too unique to go UN-noticed. We can all read auras here and you all stick out like sore thumbs.” Crystal said “ Send us back home with Ruth, Nellie can let us know when there is danger. It worked for years, we can do it.” Grant shook his head and said “ I'm sorry but your dad is no longer here to protect you and rumors of your presence is already spreading across the country side. While we are on the subject, we are going to have a ceremony/reception next week to formally announce you in La Luz. There is so much gossip now that there is no way to keep you girls a secret any longer. They can all feel your strong gifts and have started camping out in the camp side to get a glimpse of you ” Nellie joyfully announced that the Dark Ones have even moved further away. But they seem to be grouping together.” Grant told Nellie “ You should tell me things like that. “ He made a mental note to inform the council. Nellie replied “ You told me to tell you when they are coming closer to us. They are moving farther away.” Grant nodded his head in agreement and added “ All of the movements of the Dark Ones is important. Whenever you see any changes, let me know.” Nellie agreed.



Grant realized the girls were representatives of the Elements and had very strong gifts. Ruth protected the element of Earth and was able to read minds and foresee the future. Crystal protected the element of Water and had the power to freeze things and control the weather. Blaze protected the element of Fire and was able to heat, burn and start fire. Although his nieces were able to control their powers ; they were not warriors. The girls were able to protect themselves and each other but they did not know how to attack an enemy. They were so use to defending and protecting themselves that they neglected to maneuvered a strategical offense. The leaders of the all the houses requested an interview with his nieces. Grant had made arrangements for Ruth to train with the Hunter clan with elder Powers. Crystal was going to train with the Water clan with Elder Rivers. Blaze was going to train with the Fire clan with elder Firestone.

Blaze woke up as usual full of energy and ready for her 5K run. For the past few days she kept to the grounds of the Fuentes castle. Today she was going to explore the grounds and discover new running paths. She was drawn towards the northwest side of the compound. She was sure that there had to be a source of heat , maybe a hot spring or volcano in that direction. She continued to wander northwest off he trail onto thick over brush, vines and thorns. She climbed for over an hour . She was close to the strongest heat source. She continued straight ahead until she came to a clearing. The view was breath-taking. There was foliage that she had never seen before. There were bright yellow, red and oranges exotic flowers all around her. A secluded hidden paradise. There was a waterfall cascading down a steep cliff into a hot spring. Blaze could not resist the temptation. She quickly stripped off her clothes and gingerly stepped into the hot spring. Just what she needed after her hike. She laid her head back on a large rock and faced the waterfall. The hot spring was amazing. The hot water relaxed her muscles.

The surroundings soothed her spirit and the unknown heat source energized her. She felt as if she could run a marathon. She felt invincible. That's when she heard a snap of a branch. She instantly went on alert and called out to the person watching from a distance. “ Hello?? Whose there??” Jared announced “ This is private property and sacred ground. You are not permitted here.” Blazed laid back against the rock and asked “ What's the name of this place anyway.” Jared stepped forward and side “ Vida de Fuego” Translated as ' Fire of Life.'”Blaze defiantly turned around and faced the voice. That when she saw this tall , muscular man with rugged looks and a five o'clock shadow facing her. He looked as if he hasn't shaved in days. But he had the kindest eyes that looked lost. They seemed to penetrated hers. “What are you going to do ..arrest me? Well come and get me. I'm not armed.” Then he smiled. That was it . The smile , the disoriented look it all seemed to connect and call to her.



Jared received the summons to leave his dig in Peru and come home ASAP. He had just enough time to collect his belonging before the jet was scheduled to depart. Jared left his luggage on the jet and came directly to La Vida de Fuego. This ancient power source was his home. Whenever he had to get away from life or things were becoming too much to handle, this was where he would run. This is where he came to escape from the world. Now this brazen, attractive woman was challenging him on his own grounds. “What is your name ? “ Jared asked. “ I'm Blaze. I am staying at the Fuentes Castle with my Uncle Grant. Are you going to arrest me or join me?” Perplexed, Jared asked “ Why is your aura red” Annoyed Blaze responded “ Haven't you heard, I'm one of the Anointed ones.” Jared moved closer “Fascinating, you know I studies about you. Well the Anointed ones but the text doesn't describe you as so pretty. As a matter of fact, you should be a male warrior. But your aura is amazing glowing and jumping with red sparks. There is no doubt that your an Anointed one. No one had an aura like that.” Blaze rapidly stood up and said “ I wish everyone would stop looking at my aura. Is that all you see? How can you see auras anyway ? Everyone here sees auras , what is this some type of cult or something. My dad told us that we were Guardians but he never said anything about these 'Anointed One' crap. Like I wasn't already a freak of nature being able to create and control fire, now my stupid aura has to announce to the world how much of a freak I am. I just want to go home.” Blaze stormed towards her clothes and started to get dressed. Before he had a chance to respond to her she was running through the woods. Jared whispered “ I can see more than your aura.”



Angry, Blaze ran for hours. It was getting dark and she was tired of getting scratched up by thorns and branches. She mentally sent a message to Ruth so that she would not worry. She told Ruth that she was lost but the area was rich with hot spots. Ruth had been following hot spots in this areas for hours, visiting each one. They were all unique and neglected. Except for the strongest source that lead to her private paradise. They must somehow be connected. Blaze was thirsty and angry (with herself) she knew not to go out exploring alone and without equipment. The anger fueled her energy. If she stayed with the hunk back at the springs she would have been home by now. She heard chanting and noise in the distance. It was closer than returning back to her clearing so she decided to go forward. Bruised and tired she burned a path to the noise so that she wouldn't get scratched up anymore. It was also getting dark.

When Ruth told Uncle Grant that Blaze was angry and went for a run and got lost. The land is new to them which is why he insisted that she stay on their grounds. Blaze was the one that concerned him the most. She was fearless,impetus, quickly angered and quite emotional. A pure daredevil. She jumped head first into situations without waiting for understanding. He should have assigned guards to them. They will be posted at once. By the description that Ruth gave him ; he knew that she was with the Fire Clan. He alerted the Elder and informed him that he felt his nieces was lost on his lands.





Senior Firestone called the drummers and announced that the niece of Senior Power was lost on their land and they would start a search party. That's when his sons Jared stepped forward and said “ I met her this morning when I returned for Peru. She was at Vida de Fuego” Everyone gasped. Senior Firestone said “ That land is forbidden. “ Jared said “ She doesn't know that and it seemed to call to her. In fact it seemed to welcome her . The overgrowth was gone. There was bright flowers and the waterfall was bursting with life. It has returned to its former glory.” Jared didn't know what surprised him more , the beautiful woman or the miraculous condition of “ LaVida de Fuego”. Senior Poder/Powers stepped forward with three of the most beautiful asked what time was she there and what was her condition. It was clear that they were all related to Blaze not only did they have the same features and flawless complexion, their auras were also spectacular. He noticed a pure white, a sunshine yellow and an electric blue auras. The Anointed one have come as foretold. This was the reason he was called urgently from Peru. The woman with the white aura whispered something to Senior Poder. He nodded and had his warriors step back. That is when this huge burst of fire exploded out of the garden and Blaze stepped from out of the inferno. Flames were dancing off of her and stood ready for an attack. Uncle Grant said “Blaze , Stop” and the flames and fire path instantly disappeared. Then Ruth, Crystal and Nellie moved forward. Crystal touched her twin's hand and she instantly calmed. Ruth started the inspect the bruises on her arms and legs. They started to heal while she was inspecting them. Nellie asked “ Is it possible to get something to eat and drink. She has been in the woods for a while.” The Elder of the fire clan waved his hand and some servants left to do his bidding. Blaze approached the elder and said “ Why don't you take better care of your lands. The hots spots are cramped and neglected. There are thorns and weeds chocking the areas. The fires are suffocating .” Senior Fuego did not appreciate this young woman reprimanding him especially in front of others. Sensing an attack due to his anger and quick movement. Blaze quickly created a fire wall to separate her and her family away from the elder and other members of the fire clan . When the warriors ,by reflex, grabbed their swords; Nellie mentally removed the swords from the warriors and place them in a pile a fair distance away. They were at a standstill. The elders was not use to being treated without reverence and the girls would not submit to their authority. Grant told Blaze to remove the wall. She immediately complied but put a protective circle around her family.



That's when the handsome stranger she met at La Vida de Fuego stepped forward. He extended his hand and said “ Blaze, I am Jared of the Fire Clan. We met earlier. You left before I could introduce myself.” Never refusing a challenge , Blaze reduced the flames and said “ Nice to meet you Jared of the fire clan. Its good to know that someone here knows how to treat a lady. These are my sisters Ruth, my twin Crystal and the youngest Nellie. Of course you know my Uncle Grant.” Jared told Blaze “ You will meet no harm here. We are warriors and our oaths are to protect you.” Curious Blaze asked “Why.” Jared knowing her sensitivity to being an Anointed One said “ We protect our people especially the woman. As nieces of Senior Poder and fellow Guardians we are duty bond to protect you.” Blaze smiled and asked “ What if we can protect ourselves ?” Jared smiled and nodded his head, “Then we will fight along side you.” Blaze smiled. Her smile alone was enough to start a war. Did she realize how attractive she is ? He would have wet dreams about her exiting the hot spring at la Vida de Fuego for years to come. The way that the water glistened on her body and the vibrant glow of her skin that was highlighted by her aura was mesmerizing. She looked like a goddess bathing in tropical rainforest. The memory will keep him warm at night for some time to come. Blaze put out her circle of fire and her sisters likewise let their guards down. Grant stepped forward and said “ Forgive their impetus behavior . My brother Benjamin taught them not to trust strangers. And as independent , American women they will need time to adjust to our ways. They are not like any other women of our people.



We must also remember that they are also warriors as well and gifted with strong powers. So when they sense an attack they go on the defense. I am overseeing their training personally, Each their powers seem to be connected to the houses of La Luz. Therefore, each house will oversee the development of my nieces powers that correlates to their house. Since you have met Blaze you can see why I chose the Fire clan to develop her powers. I was waiting for the ceremony to introduce my nieces to everyone but it seems the that plan has changed.”







Senior Fuego bowed and said “ It is an honor to finally meet you. It will be our privilege to oversee the development of your powers. Our strongest warrior , my son Gregorio will see your protection and our wizard Alejandro will help you with your powers.” At that announcement two gentlemen stepped forward. One the size of a mountain and the other who walked like a ghost. Blaze didn't know which one to fear more.



Alejandro was about five three with dark rugged skinned and eerie gray eyes. His face was painted to red, yellow and white warrior stripes. His chest was bare and he wore leather material over his privates. Alejandro slowly walked around Blaze, inspecting her. After wards, he grunted something and walked away. A petite Brazilian woman came to Blaze and presented her with a plate of fresh fruits and vegetables. The plate was full of sliced apples,pineapples, mangoes, zucchinis , tomatoes and cucumbers. They were all artistically arranges around an exquisite edible flower. Looking around she noticed Uncle Grant in deep conversation with Senior Fuego. Her sisters had taken a seat at the table and she walked over to join them.



Ruth whispered to Crystal, I recognize the man named Jared. He is in my visions of Blaze in the future. Crystal asked “ You have seen all of us in the future with our husbands ? Can you recognize them when you see them?” Ruth nodded her head yes. Nellie asked “ Why didn't you tel us ?” Ruth responded “ I have never seen one of them outside of my visions before so there was no point in telling you.” Crystal said “ Let me know as soon as you see mt Mr. Right.” Nellie said “ Me too. Did you foresee us in Brazil. ” Ruth responded “ I though it was a vision of us with dad in the future on vacation. Dad and Uncle Grant look so much alike and I never saw a picture of him before. I didn't even know that we had an Uncle Grant until I read mom's letter to us before they died.”



Nellie said “ I'm not sure if my gift is betting stronger or if it is working better because there are so many Dark Ones here but I sense a change.” Ruth said” I think our gifts have grown here. I can move objects with my mind, I know things about the history of the guardians that dad did not tell us. And it feels like I am connected to this place somehow. Its hard to explain.” Crystal said I can feel everything. I can feel the sun . It calls to me before it rises and says goodbye before it goes down. The rain , thunder and lighten greet me before they come. When the raindrops fall on me my skin tingles . Its the most bizarre thing.” Crystal said “ Did you see Blaze's little display, she wasn't even trying to use her gifts. We definitely belong in Brazil. Ruth said “ I think Uncle Grant knows , that's why he made the arrangements for us to meet with the council members and train with their wizards.



Blaze joined her sisters at the table. She “I'm sorry if I made you worry.” Crystal said “ I knew that you needed to work off some energy. Plus, I knew you were not in danger; so I didn't say anything.” Ruth said “ You know better than to go off on your own in a strange place. We are going to go exploring tomorrow with a map to get the lay of the land. Blaze told her sisters about what she saw during her run. Blaze thought that it would be a good idea to have a guide for the walk and who better than a native. She told her sisters her idea and asked them what they though about having Jared give them a tour of the lands. They agreed and thought that it would be a good idea to have a member of each clan give them a tour. They decided to talk to their uncle so that he could make the arrangements before the ceremony. Blaze spotted Jared standing next to her assigned body guard. They were about the same height but Jared didn't look so intimidating. Upon closer inspection she determined that the two had to be related. Blaze stood up and walked over to Jared. His eyes has been on Blaze since she made her spectacular entrance and threatened his father. Every time he tried to look away from her something would draw him back. He thought that her red aura was remarkable. But it could not compare to her full lips, oval shaped, chocolate eye and slightly arched eyebrows. She had s runner's build with long defined legs and toned arms. She seemed to be gracefully gliding towards him instead of walking.





Gregorio said “Snap out of it Jared, she is coming this way.” Jared was a relentless scientist. When he started researching something his concentration could not be shaken. He was the most mature and level -headed member of the Fire Clan. He could control his emotions and that of others without hesitation...until know . He found it difficult to take a deep breath and needed to regulate his heart beat ever since he met Blaze. And now she was coming towards him. His body became stiff with fear. He prayed that he could get a hold of himself and not embarrass himself and his family.



Blaze stepped in front of Jared and asked “ If you are not busy tomorrow could you take me on an official tour of the fire clan lands ? I would like to bring my sisters along too if it is not too much of an inconvenience.” All Jared could do was nod his head yes. The she asked “ Is 7:00 too early ? We like to rise with the sun.” Jared managed a formal bow. Blaze turned around and informed her sisters of their morning plans. She wondered if Jared was always so formal and reserved. What did he do for fun? Gregorio turned to his younger brother and said “ I hope you can find your tongue by tomorrow. I believe this is the first time in your life that you have been at a lost for words.





After the impromptu dinner ; Senior Fuego summoned his sons to his office. His sons Gregorio , Jared and Emmanuel entered the office. Senior Fuego looked at his assembled sons. Jared is his eldest son. But he lost his son Jared to academia and science. He was no longer interested in the active portion of the fire clan. He was more interested in their history. Gregorio was his second son. He is strongest warrior of the fire clan leader of the Guardians. The assumed the position that Jared left vacant. His youngest Emmanuel was a negotiator and politician. Never one to waste words ; their father announced that one of his sons would have to marry the Anointed one Blaze. Senior Poder refused to arrange a marriage for her. We cannot afford for some other family to bind with her and learn all of our secretes. She has discovered La Fuego de Vida and our other scared locations on her first day off the lands. Think of what she could do in the hands of another clan. It must be our family that binds with her.” Gregorio nodded his head and responded “She is definitely a security threat to our family if she is not bound to us.” Emmanuel stepped forward and said “ Maybe I can negotiate with Senior Poder and make a suitable arrangement. Maybe he is trying to negotiate for more property and money. He does have the advantage . I would do the same thing. She is amazing . She is as volatile as a volcano. She and her sisters are the most strikingly beautiful I have ever seen. Their looks alone can gather quite a sum of money. Adding the fact that they are guardian and the anointed ones; the are priceless. They are already causing quite a stir in La Luz. People are camping outside of Senior Poder's grounds just to get a glimpse of them. Their power already having affect on our homelands and they are quite unaware of it. ” Senior Poder stated “ I know, we must devise a plan to connect Blaze to our family.” Jared stepped forward and asked “ And what of her desires ? Did she look like the type of woman that will just go along with your plans. They are American women. They have their desires and can see to them independently. Remember her instant reaction to you father. She can read emotions . That is why she reacted so strongly to you. She read your emotions before you had a chance to control them.” Gregorio stepped forward and announced “ She personally requested the Jared give her a tour of the fire clan tomorrow morning. She is not threatened by him. Nor does she sense any manipulation from him. He is the Eldest and he already has an opening.” Senior Fuego solemnly stated “I have allowed you too much freedom in your life. You are still the Eldest and the next leader of this clan. It is now time for you to act like it. Do whatever it is you have to do to bind her to our family. Emmanuel , once emotions have calmed down form tonight's confrontation make amendment and start negotiating for an arrange marriage. You are dismissed.” Senior Fuego turned his back and waited to for his sons to exit the room.
© Copyright 2010 Lesarli (lesarli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680019-Kindred-Series-Blaze