*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680046-Birth-of-Evil-1st-Place
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1680046
Soulless children (EDITOR'S PICK 06/09/10 NL)
Morty crept through the funeral home as quiet as a soft-shoed mime. His heart raced with anticipation. He had waited years since the last opportunity. He entered the back room taking little notice of the shelving units filled with the barbaric tools of embalming – jars filled with fluid, an extraction hook, and several injection needles.

Morty opened the delivery door. A cadaver box rested on the floor. He knew the body was within. The cool air of the refrigerated room hit Morty’s face. “Yes,” He hissed while twisting his hands together, “This is the one. An unknown newborn.”

His clammy hands lifted the box and he carted it to the embalming chamber. His eyes glowed in excitement at the prospect before him. “Now I need the apparatus from the basement.” He traversed the stairs, and after the brief trip, he stood before the box once more.

He placed a black book and several potions next to the box. He loosed the fasteners holding the lid. A bluish newborn lay within. The woody smell mixed with decay, heightened Morty’s excitement. “He’s perfect. Hell will be thrilled with this one,” Morty whispered. He lifted the lifeless body out of the box, and placed him in the middle of the table. Morty lit several candles, sprinkled goat’s blood upon the body, and began chanting the spell. The table shook, and a hot black plume of mystic fog rolled into the room. The spirits swarmed upon the child with moribund cheer.

The child began to breathe -- his blue eyes turning to black. “Another serial killer born, and another twenty five years added to my life.” Morty laughed. “Berkowitz was my greatest. Now to drop this child off at the orphanage.” Before leaving, he placed a doll inside an infant casket, and sealed it.


300 Words
Flash Story Must contain: Cheer, Trip, Hook

EDITOR'S PICK 06/09/10 HORROR NEWSLETTER
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680046-Birth-of-Evil-1st-Place