*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680447-The-Truth-of-an-Irritating-Matter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Article · Comedy · #1680447
Sarcasm helps those of us who can't afford to take much seriously.
My issue: I was watching CNN or one of those bull-shit National News stations and they spent a week or so involved in enthusiastic debate on some kid in some urban community somewhere in the United States who stole his mommy's credit card and used it to help his farmville farm (you know: that cute little ap. on Facebook) flourish. Apparently you can be the most b.a. kid in 4th grade if you can grow the biggest farm??? And it's easier to conquer this internet land space if your parents buy you some sort of online credits with their credit card...? My knowledge of the site has been accumulated from that lousy National News station and a rather interesting South Park episode (Nuff said?).
The issue wasn't the child's juvenile record or trouble in judicial prosecution debate, but rather that the website wouldn't refund the parents.
HELLO?!
This is one of the site's who make their money off of parent's who let their kids become virtual junkies. They make money off of your child's addiction. The upper class' economy would crumble under if it weren't for propaganda easily distributed to naive children. And you expect them to set a precedent that gives back the sort of thing they put millions of dollars into subliminally advertising? Nooo they have lawyers who are just as persuasive as themselves only more in the lines of fat judicial ass kissing.
It's much like underage tobacco users. I don't think a debate like this ever ended up on National News when that was a surprising issue. I imagine when that was a surprising issue people just beat their first kid of the 12 in their household to death and the issue was done after they started taking the others' to the grave to prove a point.
And all this time you've been thinking Child Abuse was out of line?
I think it might be.
If you leave the kid you've beaten alive.
That's cruel.
Just have another one and let the first be a lesson to them all.
Teaching moments aren't cruel.
Idiocy is.
Protest subliminal messaging.
Beat your Children.
Problem solved.

But to sum up my original point: I'd like to address the fact that the parent's really shouldn't complain, that the debt they've acquired so quickly should be considered an investment. Their child will obviously never have a social life by the looks of it, so they'll save money in the long run on spend-y unneeded gatherings such as Skating Rinks, and Parties, and Proms, and Weddings, and Grandchildren. They won't even have to ever cosign on an apartment or a college loan. He'll probably just move into their basement in about 10 years and stay there eating nacho flavored Doritos and drinking Code Red for 30 more. Much Cheaper. Just switch to home-school so he doesn't discover WOW. Now that shit will force the 2nd mortgage.
© Copyright 2010 vgwin92 (vgwin92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1680447-The-Truth-of-an-Irritating-Matter