*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681068-SAD
Rated: ASR · Monologue · Experience · #1681068
what its like having S.A.D./winter depression
With no sunshine, the world is dark, empty, blackness echoing choked screams. In this jet, room turns to cage, walls turn to bars, bed to cold floor, jewelry to leash and collar, then from leash to noose tied tight around my throat. Shadows stretch to claw my skin, rise in Nerezza to steal the sun, to kill my soul, leave me crying, weeping. Tears enough to drown the world, blood enough to end the war. Knife in hand, crying for my throat, as I rock in the corner thinking death and sorrow. "DIE ME DIE!" Scream to the world, but no one hears. Voices echoing, yet no one heeds. Give fair warning, still no one cares. Must I hold guns to their heads for them to listen? No. Let them suffer their arrogance, and ask the Lord, "Why?" Though I shall not laugh, I shall not smile. Only grimace in disgust at how far they've come on cheats and lies. They tell me go find truth, but i'm drowning in a sea of lies. They tell me go find love, but love is a joke made by cupid, a myth and nothing more. As I search, I cry, I wonder, "What is it like to have freedom, to feel joy?" To no longer have shackles and chains pinning me to the ground as wearily I drag myself on, her poweress mocking me. Nerezza, jumping, skipping, freezing flame as slowly and drearily, I search for warmth in this desolate onyx, engulfing the world. Angels peek from behind the clouds mocking me, mocking me, as loudly I scream. "Why Lord? Why? Why, have you condemned me to this black hole?"

Then the cloud cover leaves me and the sun peeks through. Ice melts away, and Nerezza charred to ash, tears now dry beneath his burning light. Chains rust away, shackels turn to dust. Free! I am free! Free yet again at last! Free to run, to laugh, to dance. Once again the land shall hear my somg, echoing on the breeze scented floral, till again the sun shall hide, and darkness steals the world. Until again Nerezza rises from her sleep. Until again, the ice of winter wracks my soul. Until again, yet again Nerezza takes my life.
© Copyright 2010 ElectricButterfly (fall_on_fear at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681068-SAD