*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681459-Whats-in-a-Name-1st-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1681459
Jalal "Jack" and his friend Hami are detained. Hami thought he'd be funny.
“You are an absolute moron. What were you thinking?” Jack shook his head in disgust. “Do you have any idea how much trouble we’re in?”

“I said I was sorry. Come on man. You got to admit seeing 2,000 people hit the floor was funny.” Hami grinned.

“Yeah, especially that fat guy. I think it took him two whole minutes to actually lay on the floor. Then they had to have three guards help him up afterward.” Jack chuckled at the image.

“Relax. They’ll figure it out. We are not terrorists. Some day, we’ll laugh about this.”

“Well it is not going to be today. Rhianna is going to kill me and you. We’ll miss the rehearsal dinner for sure. Plus they aren’t going to let us go so easily. We might even have to postpone the wedding.”

“Why? We didn’t do anything.”

“Uh. Did you forget the 2,000 people who hit the floor? Did you forget the bazillion security guards that waved uzis in our faces moments after your infamous shout? You do realize we are Arab-Americans? Hami and Jalal aren’t exactly real low on the list of people they’d be suspicious of. At the very least they have us for creating a panic.”

“Oh.” Hami replied. “I guess I didn’t think. These cuffs are starting to hurt.”

“Well, you deserve it. Now I’m going to miss my own rehearsal dinner. They took our phones. I can’t even call Rhianna.” Jack looked up at the TV monitor. A news bulletin scrolled at the bottom of the screen – “Close call at airport of alleged hijacking attempt. Two men in custody.”

“That’s just great. Look at that.” Jack nodded. “They think we’re hijackers. All because you thought you’d be funny and yell ‘Hi, Jack’ across the concourse!”


296 Words
Flash Story Must Contain the Line: "Some day, we'll laugh about this"
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681459-Whats-in-a-Name-1st-Place