*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681532-Drifting
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #1681532
Thoughts and emotions drift about and within like wood upon the water. Somewhat abstract.
         A half forgotten heart. Hidden desires that touch upon the spirit with fleeting, ghostly fingers. Sourceless torment within, hardly known but for the pain. A secret yearning, a silent curiosity, buried truths but glimpsing the light of day.
         Flickers of fire behind a shrouding curtain teasingly revealed then hidden once again as a breeze from the world without gently tugs at the cloth then releases.
         Thoughts swirl endlessly till it’s hard to concentrate, hard to think, hard to be, hard to know that you exist as anything more than a kaleidoscope of colors that paints the world around you in vibrant hues and somber tones. To stop and pause is to give way to the riptide that threatens to pull you out to sea, pull you out to sea and you’re not quite sure if you really don’t want to float out there on the waves as they take you where they will, eyes staring listlessly but alertly at the stars high above that beckon mercilessly to you, calling you with their untouchable beauty to drift into the sky beyond the clouds before plummeting back to earth and landing with a splash back into the sea from which you had first been victim to, the sea that slowly returns you to yourself and your swirling thoughts.
         And now it is the world around you that colors you in vibrant hues and somber tones.
© Copyright 2010 TheSilverWarrior (secretsoul at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681532-Drifting