*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681699-Now-Thats-Punny
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1681699
Just a normal day of going to lunch with Tony and Curt.
Curt, Tony, and Mandy strolled down the bustling lunch hour sidewalk en route to their favorite hamburger joint. They crossed the road at the light.

“Well bro’, another stroll to the burger barn. How often do we come here? Twice a week?” Curt asked.

“Yeah. About that. It’s gotten ‘udderly’ ridiculous, if you ask me.” Tony glanced at Curt.

Curt grinned and glanced at Tony. Tony returned the grin. Mandy rolled her eyes.

“Perhaps we should ask ‘patty’ to come next time.”

“She could’ve come this time, but I’m afraid it’s too late for her to ‘ketchup’”

“Well, she really would be in a ‘pickle’ then.”

Mandy face-palmed right there in the street.

“She’d have to hurry I’m sure. Her ‘buns’ certainly would be ‘burning’”

“Yeah, they’d be ‘fried’. If she could ‘ketchup’ now, it’d have to be ‘double’ time. I’d certainly give her a ‘condiment’”

“You’d just ‘pepper’ her with lots of questions and ‘grind’ out some inane conversation.”

Mandy shook her head, and laughed. “Those puns are terrible.”

“What? You don’t want any ‘Moooo-re’?” Curt deadpanned.

Mandy giggled. They pushed through the revolving doors and confronted a long line to the counter.

“I feel like we’re a bunch of ‘cattle’ now.” Tony piped.

“I won’t ‘mince’ words. This line is too ‘long-horns’.”

“’Chees’, that joke doesn’t count. I have a ‘beef’ with that one.”

“Come on. It should ‘meat’ your expectations. I mean we’re just working with ‘raw’ material here.”

“Stop it! You do this every time we go to lunch. It’s no wonder Patty doesn’t come with you. Last week it was Chinese.”

“What’s ‘wong’ with that?” Tony and Curt said in unison. They burst out laughing.

“Well, I for one am not going to put up with this ‘bull’” She glanced at both of them and grinned.


300 Words
Flash Story Must contain: Light, Road, Joke
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1681699-Now-Thats-Punny