*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682277-The-Stranger
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1682277
a man finds a stranger in his bedroom
In the middle of the night, while I was sleeping, I heard the creak of my bedroom door. I half opened my eyelids and saw, a stranger! What is he doing here? Is that a silver scar on his right cheek? Why is he in my bedroom? Am I being robbed? But there is nothing precious in this bedroom. The money and gold are in the safe of my office. He didn’t look around, he directed himself to the closet. Well he will find nothing there then leave. I will attack when he reopens the door. He went through my things thoroughly. I found him smiling and his silver scar glowed and began to fade.

“Ah, finally the dagger!” he sighed

Ops! I saw my name carved on the silver blade of the dagger. What is he going to do with that?

I jumped off the bed, and attacked him from behind, but he was so quick and knew what I was going to do, he faced me and used my dagger to cut my cheek making a similar scar to his. He gave me a head butt and I fainted.

I woke up and found myself in bed and a letter placed on my chest saying:



         Dear me,

                   Sorry, about the head butt. The dagger I took was going to be used to frame us for murder,so I took it as evidence to prove our innocence. If you don’t believe me look at the mirror, to see for yourself. I know I went to the extreme but come on that was the only way i could make you believe me.                       

         Your future self




I gazed at the mirror and found out that I got a silver scar just like him. The glowing of his scar was because he was too late to do it.

Few moments later the doorbell rang. I opened the door and found a huge man wearing black covering his head. He offered me the dagger. Once I grabbed it the man disappeared. A note appeared after he left written on it:

          YOU CAN’T CHANGE DEATH BUT YOU CAN REPLACE SOULS.

                    THE ANGEL OF DEATH.




I removed the cover from the dagger’s blade, to make sure it was mine. I found my name on it still carved and my fiancée’s name added to it. A note at the inside the cover written on it:

         Dear Me,

                    Do exactly what I did when the time comes. You will know the right time comes to save our love.

         Your Future Self




My face went yellow, my eye lid started twitching. The Angel of Death took me instead of my fiancée, because he can't change death, someone had to die and I chose me. 



word count: 459 words
© Copyright 2010 Nada Philippe (a.k.a: R.H.N) (rhmn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1682277-The-Stranger