*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683293-Nightmare-1
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #1683293
The Alleyway. A horror festival gone wrong.
  I wandered through the streets of town. I'd wanted to stay away from this horror festival. I'd just had a bad feeling about this, but after that call of course I had to come. People had been coming up missing around here. I looked around. There were people in all kinds of costumes, and they wanted me to find a psychopath in this mess? Why don't we save the trouble of it and just handcuff the whole mob.

  My partner was looking around trying to decide on who to question first. I nudged him and pointed at a girl with crimson red hair tied into messy pigtails. She was waring an old white bonnet over them and an old white dress that looked like a 19th century nightgown covered in fake blood. Her lips were crimson like her hair and her eyes were bright green. She had a devious smile on her face and caught my eye inviting me in. I walked over to her and my partner followed. He'd wanted to stay away from this place too, but that was because he was jumpy and too afraid to go to things like this.

  "Hello." I said to the girl. She nodded slowly at me and then at my partner who almost jumped out of his skin. I decided to jump right into it and ask her. "Do you know anything about the mysterious disappearances of the people around here?"

  "Curious. Isn't it?" that smile never left her face. "I was actually one of the first people to call them in."

  "I see." I said. "Do you have any suspicions on who it might be?" her smile widened.

  "Look around you. I have lots of suspicions. But there are some," her eyes wandered to a dark alley way. "stronger than others."

  I looked at the dark alley way. What I assumed was fake blood all around the bricks. "Thank you." I told her.

  "Curious. Isn't it?" she repeated. My partner whimpered gripping onto my arm. I walked over to the alleyway and my partners grip tightened. I looked into the darkness and a gruff, mean voice said "Get in the box and get ready to die." I looked down but I didn't see a box and I really didn't want to stay around for anything so I walked away from it.

  "Oh my God!" My partner said. I looked across the street and saw some teenage boys shoving another teenage boy into a bag and they came right passed us and threw him into the alleyway. They were laughing now.

  "What's the big idea boys?" I asked calmly.

  "It's just a dare. That alley is where people keep disappearing. We wanted to see what wou-" I assumed he was trying to say would, but then the alleyway filled with blood curdling screams and we heard the sounds of a struggle. Blood splashed out onto the sidewalk next to the alleyway I had just been at and I pulled out a flashlight and flashed it in there. Nothing but the bloody remains of  an old bag and blood all through the alley walls and floor.

  "I think we've found our true crime scene." I said. The teenagers were high-fiving and laughing and I wanted to badly to through them into that alley, but one mourning family was enough for tonight.



  We set up a little trap. One of the teenagers who seemed more mortified by what he'd done offered to help. We decided to use him as bait and he agreed. We got another bag to put the kid in, "You won't me get hurt, will you?" he asked.

  "Is that what your friend asked you just a few hours ago before you threw him into that alley?" I asked. He hang his head down, and got into the bag. I tied it up firmly and looked back at the girl with the crimson hair. She was still smiling that smile. I didn't really look at her surroundings much, but I didn't think those four fake dead bodies around her were there before. They looked so real. I dragged the kid in the bag behind me shining a light in the alley way as I went and left him there, then I went back to hide with my partner. Soon enough there was blood and screaming. "Let's go!" I demanded.

  "But, I don't wanna see the blood and the knife!" said my partner. I glared at him and he groaned and came up beside me. I shined a light into the alleyway and said "Freeze!" My eyes widened. My heart pounded. The smell of fresh blood was in the air. The words echoed in my head. "Curious...Isn't it?" No wonder she suspected him.
© Copyright 2010 L. R. Smith (jadonsgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1683293-Nightmare-1